1,835 results
All reviews kate moss light dinner central station upstairs lounge evening buffet clarion collection afternoon snack free dinner included in the price fantastic breakfast top floor hotel breakfast superior room the hotel offers free coffee an expensive city breakfast is served
Reviewed 30 April 2017

This hotel is awesome. They upgrade you whenever it is possible, and the staff could not be more helpful. They have two storey suites here, which they upgraded me to once when I had booked into a regular double bedroom. The breakfast here is absolutely stunning, with bite sized brownies, all the egg varities you can ask for, and their own home made liver pate - everything is perfect! I stay at this hotel whenever I have the opportunity, and I am always more than happy when I leave. I have stayed here over ten times in total.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Charlotte S
NairaLalayan, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Charlotte.

Thank you so much for your beautiful feedback! It warmed our hearts and made our day!

Have a great weekend and welcome back soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, on a business trip.

I have been to Oslo on business a number of times, staying at various hotels. This hotel, although not as popular or externally attractive as other I have stayed at, it offers the best value for money as breakfast and dinner are included in the rate.

The room was clean, spacious, modern, bright and nicely arranged, although not offering a view of the city despite being on 6th floor. Minibar, ironing facilities etc provided, wardrobe space a bit limited (eg no drawers or closeable wardrobe). Bathroom was very modern and well stocked with all the necessary items for a short business stay.

Make sure you request a room with desk and coffee table, as the standard single room does not provide either, but you can get an upgrade on check in. The price for a room with double bed and all necessary facilities was 135 euro (average) including breakfast and dinner.

The restaurant is on the 7th floor and located amongst rooms which was a bit peculiar, but the breakfast was satisfying. Dinner was a bit limited (self service buffet) and after the first evening, although included in my rate, I preferred going out for dinner. However, it offers reasonable dinner if you have limited time and budget. Spacious lobby with self service coffee stand provided.

The location is very central, a five-minute walk from the Central Station and a 10-15 minute walk from the waterfront, and other attractions in Oslo centre.

Its entrance is through an arcade (with 2 alternative entrances), housing a number of restaurants and pubs as well as the entrance to the theatre.

All in all, it was a good stay and I would recommend the hotel for either business or leisure. I would visit again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Riva20Bahiamar

Dear Bahimar,

It was a pleasure to read your review - describing and objective!
I am also glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and are able to recommend the product further.

Hope we will see you again at Hotel Folketeateret!

Have a nice weekend and welcome back!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Like many other business travellers whom I always see in that hotel, I consider Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret my second home. More than just the accessibility and coziness of the place, the hotel has friendly and accommodating staff who intentionally connect to guests and that makes me feel more at home.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you very much calling us you second home, it means a world to us!

We appreciate your loyalty and top score from you!

Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We had a layover in Oslo and stayed at the Clarion Folketeateret for one night. Included in our stay was late afternoon tea, a light supper, and breakfast. We arrived around 3:00 pm in the rain and were delighted to sit down to a hot cup of tea and chocolate croissants before heading out to explore. Our room was well appointed with an extremely comfortable bed, flat screen tv, bathroom and shower room with heated floors, and plenty of room for our mountain of luggage. The breakfast the following morning was exceptional. Being used to free continental breakfasts in the US, that's what we expected. What a pleasant surprise to find a huge array of breads, fruits, eggs, bacon, juices, meats, cheeses, yogurt and staff attentive to everyone in the dining area. We can heartily recommend this hotel for a quick overnight stay or longer visit to Oslo.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank colbygrads
NairaLalayan, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear guests from US,

It was a pleasure to read your review ! We are very glad you enjoyed staying at our lovely hotel and even happier to know that we managed to surprise you positively!

We will be looking forward to have you back in Oslo and The Clarion Collection Folketeateret in the future!

Have a nice Easter!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

great Hotel, very clean rooms , ice machine , the breakfeast is great with quite a lot of diversity. close tho the central station and Karl Johann Gate , a ligth even meal can be taken and also from 15-18 there are coffee and cake ;-).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
1  Thank Beta305

Hello Beta.

It was a pleasure to read your review!

Thanks for staying with us and welcome back soon!

Have a nice Easter!