“Good Food, Good Service, at a Price”

Ruffino Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #5 of 1,446 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ruffino is an authentic Italian restaurant that smells, tastes and feels Italian. The menu includes a large selection of antipasti, home-made pasta dishes, seafood and meat dishes, as well as dessert favourites like fondente, tiramisu and gelato. All dishes on Ruffino's menu are available as children's portions for half price. The restaurant is located in Henrik Ibsens gate, close to the Royal Palace and Karl Johans gate.
Boston. MA
“Good Food, Good Service, at a Price”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I went to Ruffino recently after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. The food was good and the service very good.

We started with a salad which was small, simple, and way over priced. The pastas were very good as was the desert. The pastas could have been warmer.

Wine, ouch, but this is Norway. A bottle of house wine was about $80.

I was there on business and was not spending my money. If I was, I would have sought out other options. Oslo, and Norway, are notoriously expensive.

• Visited October 2013

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“Eccellente”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My girl and I had a wonderful time at Ruffino. The service was world class and the seabass starter was really extraordinary. They are very proffesional, but we also felt like we were invited into an italian family. I dont know if the restaurant is managed by a family, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a family run restaurant with generations of experience. We will be back very soon and we will gladly recommend Ruffino to anyone who plan an evening out in Oslo.

2 Thank Christian L
São Paulo
“Good surprise in Oslo”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went to Ruffino restaurant in Oslo and it was an excellent choice. The restaurant was near our hotel and we decided to go walking even without having booked before. The restaurant was full but we got a table. This is a family restaurant and the service is very attentive. The food was very good and I recommend the Tiramisu as dessert. It is made of really Italian "mascarpone chesse", very light and tasteful. Nice place, nice food, nice service.

3 Thank Umnome
Bergen, Norway
“Good Customer Service is Possible in Norway!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We had spent the weekend north of Oslo and decided to spend a Sunday in Oslo before we flew out. We had visited Oslo two years ago so it wasn't our first time in the city. We wanted some Italian food and after a little searching landed on Ruffino Ristorante. We went around 5 pm, shortly after they opened. As we walked up to the restaurant we realized we were probably under-dressed for the restaurant but we wanted Italian and didn't have a change of clothes so we thought what the heck. Our server, Alessandro, was hands down the best server I've had in Norway period. Norway is not known for good customer service and after spending a couple of months in the country I can attest to their general lack of customer service.

Not only was he friendly and attentive to us but he knew his stuff. After we accidentally ordered 2 wrong drinks (totally our fault) due to our lack of attention to detail on the menu. Alessandro recognized we made a genuine mistake and immediately took the drinks, make a recommendation and got the new drinks no questions asked. Alcohol is very expensive in Norway so this was an extremely kind gesture on his part. We also found out everyone who works there is Italian which I think helps with their knowledge of the menu and drink, we were a big fan of that.

The food was seriously delicious and the portion sizes were perfect feeling satisfied without being full. Most of their pasta is made from scratch with the exception of their spaghetti pasta. Overall, for us just coming in off the street, the service and food was incredible. It was one of the best restaurant experiences we've had in Norway. Kudos to Alessandro and Ruffino Ristorante for an excellent Italian food experience!

5 Thank Kevin C
SEATTLE
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

While on business in Oslo for 5 days, I visited 3 of the top 10 (in Trip Advisor) restaurants and Ruffino was by far my favorite. It’s a family owned business, so there is great attention to detail, from the food to the service to the ambience. I came solo, which at times can be uncomfortable especially at an upscale restaurant but the owner and his son went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The truffle ravioli was decadent and the chocolate fondant was to die for, and I can’t wait to visit Ruffino again.

Visited September 2013