“Wow!! I could've stayed on it all day! ”

Batservice Sightseeing
Book In Advance
More Info
US$35.43*
and up
Oslo Fjord Sightseeing Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Batservice Sightseeing offer all year sightseeing on the Oslofjord. During peak season Batservice have about 28 departures daily - there will always be tour one for everyone's taste. We offer following tours by boat: Mini Cruise, Fjord Sightseeing, Jazz Cruise, Opera Cruise, Blues Cruise, Norwegian Evening Cruise with a shrimp buffet onboard.
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wow!! I could've stayed on it all day! ”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Now that I'm back to Dublin, I'm spending a bit of time on TripAdvisor to review what I enjoyed in Oslo a couple of days ago. As I really loved the attraction I'm about to review, I thought (I'm curious) that I could read other reviews... many are so negative! I must say that I'm very surprised!

By reading reviews I wrote in the past, you may believe that I am very naive or easily satisfied, but I can assure you, that I'm not! Each review I wrote were very accurate to the way I felt.

Now, what about this attraction? Well, if you're not going to do it, don't bother visiting Oslo! (I'm kidding of course) What I mean to say, is that it's just THE way to sightsee Oslo!

The staff (especially the captain) were the most welcoming people ever!! We had an amazing time!!!! We got on the first one, around 9.30am, near the city hall, and it brought us where the museums are (we could've got off at the opera)

Norway is a beautiful country, and this cruise will confirm it! The view was mesmerizing!!! And once again, we felt so welcome by the crew.

The wine on board is cheap and nice (they also serve hot drinks)

To go back to the city centre, we hoped on the last one, around 4pm. I must sound like a broken record, but once again, we enjoyed it very much. Great view, great staff! They were so helpful by answering our many questions.

1 Thank JulienClarke
Monica S, Front Office Manager at Batservice Sightseeing, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hi. Thanks for your great review!
Happy you enjoyed the tour ;o)
From all of us in Båtservice

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Non cruise.”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Where to start??? We paid our cash for the 2 hour fjord cruise, got on, sailed out past the opera house, then the engine stopped. Then it started. Then it stopped. The captain tried a few more times, nothing. The boat drifted backwards! It took a good half an hour and numerous more engine tries for anything to happen, then a boat arrived. Was it the coastguard? No, it looked like one of the captains mates who pushed our boat around a bit with his, then somehow got us back to the dock. It felt like the blind leading the blind and I'm not convinced they really knew what they were doing. People on the boat kept calm but it was not a nice experience. Full refund was given but in all we wasted a complete morning having sailed off at 10.30, getting back to dock at 12, having only got to the opera house. Given we only had 3 days in Oslo it was a complete waste of time.

Visited October 2013
Mokkemikka, Front Office Manager at Batservice Sightseeing, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
First of all - let us thank you for taking time to write a review on the matter. This was an unfortunate episode. The engine stopped due to a mechanical problem. The person that came to rescue was our mechanic on duty, and since there was no distress coastguard was not alarmed. This is not up to the captain but a decision made from the harbor authority.
Secondly I will again thank you for letting us take part in your distress – because from this the captain and crew should learn from this that information on the ongoing matter is needed. Since we are under strict regulations of SOLAS , STCW and IMO,- this will be taken in as a case for the future.
I’m sure that all was happy to get their money returned – but for some tourists the time is more important and we will also inform crew that next time they can let people of at the nearest suitable pier.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
PHX
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We took the two hour mini cruise of the waterways around Oslo expecting to see the Norwegian fjords. We saw lots of water but nothing very scenic as expected. The crew members were very unfriendly and the narration was taped and very lame. The "captain" allowed one guest to sit in the area where the controls were located. When this guest tried to leave the area he tripped over the rope which supposedly kept the guests out of the area. The captain became extremely upset and yelled at the man not to come back into the area even though the man had been sitting there with the captain for over an hour (he should not have allowed the man to be in the area in the first place). We were disappointed in the overall experience for the money.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Roseann1047
Prague, Czech Republic
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“A Pleasant Day on the Water”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This was a must, especially on a sunny day. My husband and I had the Oslo Pass which was a great idea as there was a 15% discount on the price of the cruise. We only booked the cruise a couple hours before we were due to go on it, but this was in May so it may well be that in the busier months that booking earlier would be advised.

There was amusing commentary from a young tour guide on the cruise. She pointed out the various islands, made jokes, and told stories of the area. We cruised past many small islands with holiday homes on them. We went past the museums at Bygdoy and out into the sea. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day for the cruise. We sat near the back of the boat which gave us shelter from the wind but a great open window to take pictures from. Look out for the lighthouse in the middle of the water. When there was no commentary, we felt it pleasant just sitting relaxing.

There were snacks on board for those who wished them and there was also a toilet for convenience.

This 2 hour cruise is recommended. The times were from 10.30 until 15.30 in May.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Wilma S
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Good but not essential”
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Got this tour free with our trip booking. Don't think I would have paid for it, but it was a nice way to spend a couple of hours. Couldn't get closer to the Opera House because of the ice but the scenery around was still beautiful.

1 Thank Marketeer83