1,197 results
All reviews karl johans gate train station central location within walking distance good size two blocks the main shopping street excellent location extra pillows bathroom floor breakfast room rooms are clean aker brygge opera house min walk top floor ironing board
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed at this location during a recent business trip to Norway. The staff was efficient and helpful. The room, though small, was certainly adequate. The downsides would be a shower that got most of the bathroom wet. My room faced the street on which the trams pass. I am hard of hearing and it didn't bother me but other travellers may find that difficult. But the best thing about the Park Inn is its location. It is within 10 minute walk from the train station and an easy walk to virtually every tourist attraction in central Oslo.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Close to everything including the station and tram line. Rooms are clean and was enough for a one night stay. Breakfast plentiful and we were early so no problems with space. Welcoming eough although there were a lot of people waiting around I guess for flights etc. Only issue is that the areas not the greatest, we had an issue being followed the next morning. However Id put it down to being unlucky but the night before we'd kept our eyes out as well. Fine for a short stay, and the closeness to everything/transport is a defn plus.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rinkyandmerlin28
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Stayed a weekend here in late March 2012. We fell in love with this hotel! Nice, basic and clean rooms. Really good bed! Excellent breakfast. Really great location! We really felt the big city ambiance here, staying in the heart of Oslo. The subway lies just up the street, and is a short 10 min walking distance to Oslo S. We want to stay here again next time we're in Oslo!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I was recommended this hotel as it was affordable (for Norway anyway) and close to my meeting venues. Tucked away one or two blocks off the main thoroughfare that runs from Central Station to the Royal Palace it's easy to miss. However, it's only a 10 minute easy walk from the station and I received a warm welcome on checking in.

My room was a good size and very clean. Wifi was easily accessed and the bed was really comfortable. I was only on the 2nd floor so was a little concerned about traffic noise but heard nothing so slept well.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Our basic room was exactly that, at a price that was reasonable, knowledgeable and friendly staff members, and a decent breakfast.

We decided on the high speed train from the airport and really enjoyed the experience. It takes approximately 18 minutes, a regular fare of 175Krone per person and the hotel is accessable by catching the #13 Tram right in front of the central station (as you walk out the front door of the station, look for the trains heading to the left) and one block towards the pedestrain walking street (St. John's Gate) when going to the hotel and the Tram back to the central station is right down the street. You can enjoy the ten minute walk (approximately seven blocks up the pedestrain street and then left two streets).

The T (subway), Tram (above ground lightrail), or the bus provide plenty of transportation options.

The noisy rooms appear to be right by the elevator for floors 2-7. We stayed in room 620 which was quiet but looked right at a cement wall.

Room Tip: Check out the room before accepting to ensure you don't end up in a noisy room. The hotel is on a corner and one street is a major tram and bus route.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple