My husband and I stayed here 4 nights in total in May 2014 - 2 at the start of our Norway trip and 2 at the end.
Arrival - you can take the train from the airport to downtown and it is a few blocks from the train station. We arrived late morning after our flight got in. Although early for check in they had a room available so let us check in early.
Both rooms: The room was a decent size, tv, wifi worked well in the room and room darkening curtains (important in the spring / summer). No problems with noise from street or other rooms. No in room safes or mini bars (none of our Norway hotels had these).
First stay was room 308 - this was a room meant for allergy / disability. Wood floor instead of carpet, shower with no step up and grab handles by the toilet.
Second stay was room 311 - regular room (see pics).
The only thing wrong with both rooms were the bathroom doors. They have sliding doors. In room 308 it was very tough to pull open / closed. Can't imagine doing it if I had a disability. In room 311 it was off the track (not possible to "lift" bakc on track) so it wouldn't close fully and properly.
Breakfast Buffet: Very good European buffet with lots of options.
Internet worked well in the rooms but if you want to use the terminals in the lobby there is a charge that is quite expensive.
Location is central within easy walking distance to a lot of the main attractions. Next door to the hotel is a small grocery store (Kiwi) if you need anything.
Overall this was a good hotel for the cost and we would happily stay here again.
For those not used to traveling in Europe / Norway:
1) Rooms are smaller than in the US
2) Hotel ratings are different - generally a 4 star hotel in Europe would be 3 or 3.5 star in the US
3) Bathrooms usually have a shower or a bathtub but not usually both. If you have a preference check before you book
4) Queen / Double beds are two twins pushed together. The hotel can organize the room two different ways then depending on what is requested
5) Duvets are separate for each person - not one big one. Great if one of you is always hot and the other always cold
6) Pillows are flat - you'll have to double them over to prevent your head from hitting the mattress.
7) Common US breakfast foods are not usually served except maybe at larger chain hotels (oatmeal, pancakes, waffles). Eggs are usually hard boiled or scrambled - not omelettes.
8) In Norway most people speak English very well - so no worries about communications.
9) In Norway food and drink are very expensive compared to the USA. A pint of beer is $10-13, a half liter of soda is $5, a glass of wine is $13 to $17. Entrees in an average restaurant run $25. Things are about half price at the grocery store. If you're on a budget breakfast is included, get groceries and make sandwiches for lunch and then eat dinner out.
10) European public transit is very nice, clean, pleasant and efficient. If the schedule says 12:02 the train leaves at 12:02 so don't run late as it will already be gone!
Have a great time on your trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Inn by Radisson Oslo is brilliantly situated in the heart of Norway’s beautiful waterfront capital. This stylish and comfortable hotel in Oslo is a short walk from the city's bustling main street Karl Johan. Surrounded by an exciting array of cafés, restaurants and world-class shopping, the hotel is also closely situated to popular attractions like the Opera House, the Royal Palace and Akershus Fortress. Offering 118 modern and inviting guest rooms, this city centre accommodation provides the perfect location both for business and leisure travellers. The hotel is conveniently located near public transportation such as the Airport Express Train, SAS Air Shuttle, the subway and trams. Park Inn by Radisson also offers free high-speed, wireless internet access throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Rezidor, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Oslo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Oslo Hotel Oslo