“Make sure you have a room with a view and beware of the junks” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Hotel Boersparken

Comfort Hotel Boersparken
Ranked #33 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
netherlands
“Make sure you have a room with a view and beware of the junks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

At first we got a room with a window at the inner courtyard and next to the elevator. Very noisy. Booked 6 months in advance to get this room. Not a very client friendly policy. It was solved quickly and we had a better room. Staff is great and helpful. Breakfast is better than in more star hotels. The only problem is the junks in the street. Quite a lot and we found needles in several places around the hotel. The owner should contact the mayor and tell him hotel guests do not like junks in their neighborhood. But even in parks and shopping centers we found drug and alcohol addicts. Dealing and using. 5 police cars within 900 meter at the central station but did not bother about the junks. Must be a big problem for Oslo and will prevent us from coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a view on the Opera building
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JJN34

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Excellent hotel !!! In the center of the city - 200 m west of the train station - Close to all attractions - Clean - Very friendly and helpfull staff - Very good breakfast with warm foods also ALL that in very reasonable price for the expensive Norway. 100% suggest it

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank LoisGR
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

I arrived at the Comfort Hotel Boersparken very early in the morning after taking an overnight train from Trondheim. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and let me store my luggage until I could check in. They also let me use a bathroom to change my clothes and wash my face.

I had a single room. It was very neat and clean but there was no place to unpack clothing (no dresser, no drawers, no closet). The shower pressure was good and the hot water got really hot! The bed was very comfortable and there were thick curtains to block out the light. Breakfast was only served from 8AM to 10AM which surprised me - it wasn't the typical early start. It was excellent, however, with fruit, meat, cheese, eggs, oatmeal and fresh bread.

The hotel was a quick walk from Oslo S (the central station). Since it's only a couple of blocks, it is convenient to the subway, trains and buses. They were doing renovations to the lobby but that was the only bothersome thing (and it wasn't really a big deal).

I booked the hotel on Expedia and it was quite reasonable since Norway is pretty expensive. I loved it and would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Marblehead, MA USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

With everything in Scandinavia so expensive, we felt this was quite a find. It was only about two blocks from the train station. We did "Norway in a Nutshell" from Bergen (spectacular trip) and arrived in Oslo about 10:30 at night - it was great to just walk over to the hotel - you could see its sign from the station. The desk was exeptionally friendly and helpful, it was clean, up-to-date, tho' the rooms weren't huge or luxurious. The breakfast was excellent. And they had a nice little bar where you could get a beer for only $10! Another find! We could easily walk to City Hall and the Harbor, and the main shopping boulevard was only a couple of blocks away too.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

I was here at end of March for 3 nights. I was a woman travelling alone for work, and felt very safe in this hotel, and in the neighborhood. I walked with my luggage from the Oslo Central Train Station to the hotel, and it was quick and direct. The staff in the hotel were very helpful with directions and with any questions I had about getting around. There is continual hot water for tea and coffee available whenever you want. The breakfast was very good - not fancy but fresh and good and filling! I was very happy to have the variety at breakfast!

The hotel room itself was a very small and dormitory like - but you must know that I'm used to north american hotels that are much larger. I work at a university and this felt like I was staying in a university dormitory room in terms of: size of room, single bed, small bathroom, small desk area, no closet. But - it was clean, and the sheets and duvet and pillow were crisp and clean. That meant a lot to me. So, I slept very well, and was comfortable -- though it was a surprise re the size of the room, and the single bed. As I say, that is the "standard" in Oslo - and as I found out - in other parts of Norway. So, in sum, I would say, this would be a fine place to say, clean, very helpful staff, good breakfast, and good value for money in Oslo! Recommended!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed at this Hotel May 9-10, 2011 and were pleased with the comfortable bed, nice buffet breakfast and free WiFi. The staff was very nice and helpful. We walked to the hotel with all our luggage from the Train Station in the evening and were not afraid. The next morning the staff directed us to the local bus for Bigdoy for a day of sightseeing. We had a nice room overlooking the Opera House. This hotel is nice if you want something close to the train station. We arrived by train from the airport, and departed by train to take the Norway in a Nutshell, so it was very convenient for us. I think it is an older hotel, so if you are looking for luxury, this it not it. However, it is a very comfortable hotel with a nice staff close to transportation.

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a view of the city.
1 Thank mepoole
Flagler Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

We spent three days and two nights in Oslo at the Comfort Inn Boersparken. This is a very comfortable hotel with a terrific breakfast buffet, coffee and hot tea available all the time, plus free internet. There were two terminals available in the lobby and free wifi as well for your I-pad or other devices.
We arrived by train to OsloS (central train station) and it was just a short couple block walk rolling our luggage to the Comfort Inn. Very comfortable lobby area and friendly staff when we checked in. Our room was ready when we arrived at about 1 pm so we could leave off our luggage and freshen up. The day we arrived was May 17, Norway's National Independence Day, and we joined the large native-costumed crowds in the streets to enjoy the parades and festivities. We even got to see Norway's king and the royal family out on the balcony of the palace! It was an amazing day that we were so fortunate to witness. Our two nights at this hotel were very comfortable and we had a great view of the new opera house and the water, plus our sixth floor room was very quiet and comfortable, though basic. We had a newly renovated bathroom with a great shower, hairdryer and it was SUPER! The price was considerably lower than a number of other hotels in Oslo we priced, so I would not hesitate to book at the Comfort Inn Boersparken if our future travel plans take us back to Oslo.