“Convenient to train statioin”

Comfort Hotel Boersparken
Ranked #34 of 103 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This hotel was close to the train station, one block somewhat of a questionable neighborhood but probably safe in the daytime. The convenience to the train station and other local transportation was very good. The hotel was under renovation at this time so the use of the computer was behind the front desk, awkward, and sometimes noisy during the day. The staff was very nice and the last two nights we were on the seventh floor with a lovely view of the Opera House. When the construction is finished will should be a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Recommend rooms on the higher floors overlooking the Opera House.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MerlinSis
Write a ReviewReviews (2,079)

Reviewed 14 July 2011

From 6th floor the view was nice over the "sea" to the opera. Room was comfortable but there weren't a minibar, safety or even closet for your things.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2011

At first we got a room with a window at the inner courtyard and next to the elevator. Very noisy. Booked 6 months in advance to get this room. Not a very client friendly policy. It was solved quickly and we had a better room. Staff is great and helpful. Breakfast is better than in more star hotels. The only problem is the junks in the street. Quite a lot and we found needles in several places around the hotel. The owner should contact the mayor and tell him hotel guests do not like junks in their neighborhood. But even in parks and shopping centers we found drug and alcohol addicts. Dealing and using. 5 police cars within 900 meter at the central station but did not bother about the junks. Must be a big problem for Oslo and will prevent us from coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a view on the Opera building
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJN34
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Excellent hotel !!! In the center of the city - 200 m west of the train station - Close to all attractions - Clean - Very friendly and helpfull staff - Very good breakfast with warm foods also ALL that in very reasonable price for the expensive Norway. 100% suggest it

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank LoisGR
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I arrived at the Comfort Hotel Boersparken very early in the morning after taking an overnight train from Trondheim. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and let me store my luggage until I could check in. They also let me use a bathroom to change my clothes and wash my face.

I had a single room. It was very neat and clean but there was no place to unpack clothing (no dresser, no drawers, no closet). The shower pressure was good and the hot water got really hot! The bed was very comfortable and there were thick curtains to block out the light. Breakfast was only served from 8AM to 10AM which surprised me - it wasn't the typical early start. It was excellent, however, with fruit, meat, cheese, eggs, oatmeal and fresh bread.

The hotel was a quick walk from Oslo S (the central station). Since it's only a couple of blocks, it is convenient to the subway, trains and buses. They were doing renovations to the lobby but that was the only bothersome thing (and it wasn't really a big deal).

I booked the hotel on Expedia and it was quite reasonable since Norway is pretty expensive. I loved it and would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2011

With everything in Scandinavia so expensive, we felt this was quite a find. It was only about two blocks from the train station. We did "Norway in a Nutshell" from Bergen (spectacular trip) and arrived in Oslo about 10:30 at night - it was great to just walk over to the hotel - you could see its sign from the station. The desk was exeptionally friendly and helpful, it was clean, up-to-date, tho' the rooms weren't huge or luxurious. The breakfast was excellent. And they had a nice little bar where you could get a beer for only $10! Another find! We could easily walk to City Hall and the Harbor, and the main shopping boulevard was only a couple of blocks away too.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I was here at end of March for 3 nights. I was a woman travelling alone for work, and felt very safe in this hotel, and in the neighborhood. I walked with my luggage from the Oslo Central Train Station to the hotel, and it was quick and direct. The staff in the hotel were very helpful with directions and with any questions I had about getting around. There is continual hot water for tea and coffee available whenever you want. The breakfast was very good - not fancy but fresh and good and filling! I was very happy to have the variety at breakfast!

The hotel room itself was a very small and dormitory like - but you must know that I'm used to north american hotels that are much larger. I work at a university and this felt like I was staying in a university dormitory room in terms of: size of room, single bed, small bathroom, small desk area, no closet. But - it was clean, and the sheets and duvet and pillow were crisp and clean. That meant a lot to me. So, I slept very well, and was comfortable -- though it was a surprise re the size of the room, and the single bed. As I say, that is the "standard" in Oslo - and as I found out - in other parts of Norway. So, in sum, I would say, this would be a fine place to say, clean, very helpful staff, good breakfast, and good value for money in Oslo! Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo