US$270
Scandic Byporten(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$211
  • Breakfast included
Saga Hotel Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$172
US$160
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Youngstorget(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$145
Priceline
  • Fitness centre
US$478
US$467
2,157 results
All reviewsopera housecentral stationgreat gymroof terracefree coffeeexcellent locationreception areakarl johans gateshort stayhotel is locatedfew minutes walkcity centretop floordouble roomgreat breakfastwi firooms are small
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Noticing that Comfort hotels were common in Norway, when I needed to fill in a few days in Oslo between visits with my cousins, I checked the website to see if there were any membership specials. I found an "Internet Only" special at Hotel Børsparken AND it was in a perfect location. I chanced an online reservation for a single room and requested a quiet room. The price was well below the listed price and much less expensive than most rooms since many hotels only have double rooms. For me, cost was important and luxurious out of my price range (especially true in Scandinavia) so finding a very comfortable hotel at a reasonable price made it feasible for me to stay 3 nights. When I registered, I was given room 715 with only the special membership floor above. The room was high enough to be above traffic noise and overlooked the opera ho use, Oslo Fjord and Ekeberg (where I had just been to the new sculpture park) across the water. Combine this with being 2 blocks from the train station and Karl Johansgate for shopping and you have a perfect location.

The room was very clean and up-to-date. The desk chair was comfortable and had a high back, which make it double as a reading chair. Sundries were not provided, but since I always travel with my own soaps, this was not a problem; a dispenser of soap was provided, as well as a plastic glass. Only one smaller size bath towel and one hand towel were provided, so if you need more than ask at the desk. The comforter seemed light weight, but even with the heat turned off I was warm during my January nights.

The breakfast spread was terrific. There was everything you could want for either a European or American breakfast. One morning I took my breakfast to my room, saving a couple of pieces of bread and cheese for lunch. I was really glad that there was a lot of fruit provided, as well as cereal and yogurt. I often don't get up in time for breakfasts, but made a point here because the breakfast was so good and really cut down on my costs for my three days at the hotel.

I don't think you can find a better place in Oslo to stay for the price.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the seventh floor, water side so that you can see the opera house.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
tskinnemoen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Boersparken, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Hi SoloSlowTouring!
Thank you for posting about us on tripadvisor.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and that our
front desk found the perfect room based on your requests.
Our staff are grateful for all the positive feedback and we
will happily accomodate you again.
Thank you.
Thomas SKinnemoen

Reviewed 19 January 2014

A great location for city centre shopping, sightseeing, the Opera, theatres and nightlife. The staff are always friendly & professional. The whole place is immacculately clean, warm & homely. The breakfast is excellent. There's free coffee available all day and the gym in the basement is great. There's a proper "can do attitude" here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well equipped. If you need a bit of room to work, book a superior room. I just love the bathroom window in my room. It just sums up the humour, positive & young attitude of the place.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hi John.
Thank you for taking time making a review of us on Tripadvisor.
We are so happy you liked it here. And we welcome you back at any time.
Thank you for also posting a picture of our lady in the bathroom.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The main attraction is the good location. It is a 5 minute walk from central station.

The reception staff are helpful. Breakfast was fine.

The room was very small and overlooked by about 100 windows. The bed was short and narrow and not very comfortable. The bathroom was very old and though clean did not look it due to age and the marks that come with it.

Thus, fine if you are staying a night but you would not want to stay longer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hi tell-it-as-it-is47.
Thank you so much for making a review here at Tripadvisor.
Our location is as you say very good. By far one of the most
central hotels in Oslo.
We are right now renovating all of our rooms, buying new beds and
hopefully they will suit every travellers need for a good night sleep.
You are welcome back at any time.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The location of this hotel is very good--close to the central train station. It was also located near the venue of a concert I was going to attend. Check in went smoothly.The room was small but adequate, and the bed was comfortable. It was not noisy, so I slept well. Breakfast was included and there was great variety--regular hot and cold choices as well as cold cuts and cheese. Relatives has stayed here a few years ago and recommended it. Overall it was good value for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Hi SLOduck.
What a fantastic review. Such details. We are proud you took time to write
this about us. Thank you very much.
After a long flight the few blocks might seem long, but hopefully you enjoyed
the central location for the rest of your stay.
Caviar in tube is a very normal breakfast asset in Norway. We hope you liked it.
Thank you for informing us about the lack of information on our phones.
We are doing something about this immediately. That was worthful information for us.
You are welcome back at any time.
Great pictures by the way.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

After our Hurtigruten cruise had ended in Kirkenes, we flew back to Oslo for a couple of days before heading home and we chose the Borsparken due to reviews.
Once we got there, which included a 40-minute bus ride from the airport, we got off at the Centrum stop. With the amount of luggage we had, we probably should have taken a cab, but since we were told it was 'right around the corner' we took off on foot. It had just rained, so the streets were wet, but at least it wasn't raining at the time.
We asked for directions a couple of times before remembering that I had a map on my iphone that could get us there, and it truly was just a couple of blocks away (it just seemed like more with the luggage).
Once we arrived, we entered and found the reception (it's to the left of the main entrance and there were kiosks directly in front when you enter, so we initially thought we had to check in with the kiosk!).
The staff greeted us warmly, found our reservation and we were all set. The key is necessary to get into the elevator, which is a VERY nice safety feature knowing only other guests are in the guest room area of the hotel! It was a small elevator so only two of us and luggage would fit. We went upstairs and found our room. One thing to note is that you need to use the key to lock the room when you leave the room also!
The reception also had a little mini-mart with sandwiches, salads, chips and drinks, which we ended up using for lunch one day - it was VERY good and fresh!
It had a VERY nice view of the Oslo Operahouse! The room was clean and so was the bathroom with plenty of counter space (having come from a cruise ship, a decent size counter space was truly deluxe! The carpet was kind of funky with letters in various fonts and sizes and was kind of dark, but kind of different. The TV was even welcoming us with our names too!
We decided to go out for a bite to eat and found a shopping area with a variety of places to eat, so it was close to shopping and restaurants.
We went back to the room and just enjoyed doing nothing and settled in for a good night's sleep. Even though there were electric busses adjacent to our room, we weren't bothered by them at all and DID get a good night's sleep.
The next morning we went down for breakfast and found quite a nice spread - as the sign said, 'a kick start breakfast' with fresh breads, eggs, cheeses and meats even caviar in a tube!
One thing that I found annoying was that there were no instructions on the phone as to how to make calls! I tried numerous times to call the desk and couldn't even do that and ended up having to go downstairs to find that out. I felt that instructions should have been on the phone.
The other annoying thing was that the free internet had some limitations and sometimes I would be online and suddenly everything went blank. I called the desk only to find out that I now needed a new password, so had to go down to the desk to get the new one.
All in all, the Comfort Borsparken provided us a good night's sleep in a convenient location with a friendly staff and a 'kick-start breakfast'. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank SLOduck

Hi SLOduck!
Thank you so much for taking time making such a review about us on Tripadvisor.
We are so happy you informed us about the lack of information on our telephones.
We will do something about this immedately. Happy that you liked our staff and
enjoyed our breakfast. Hopefully you tried the caviar on a tube.
Thank you for all the great pictures.
Welcome back at any time.