“old rooms”

Comfort Hotel Boersparken
Ranked #38 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Upon arrival I was given a room with only a roof hatch / window and no view. After complaining I was given another room with a window, but that was worn and had a lousy bathroom. When breakfast was taken away precise 9.30 I got no breakfast either. Considering the ongoing renovation that took place i find it unreasonably large difference between a room rate of over NOK 1700, - and the experience at this hotel. You can find much better hotels at this price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
1  Thank Jan M H
tskinnemoen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Boersparken, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Jan M H.
First of all I will thank you for taking time making a review of us here at Tripadvisor.
I am sorry to hear that you did not like our rooms. The first one you got was one of our
new rooms with brand new design. Some of these rooms have roof hatch and many of our
guests like these rooms because of the height between floor and ceiling. I am happy to
hear that our front desk could help you to change when this was not suiting your taste.
Unfortunately you then have to take one of our older rooms (which are right now under refurbishing as you say). We would love to welcome you back to a brand new hotel in April 2014.
And if you pay attention to our websites you can find prices as low as 499NOK.
Thomas Skinnemoen

Write a ReviewReviews (2,038)

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel is in the down town, but in my room there wasn't the closet. So if you need it just ask before to book your room. The breakfast is abundant and the food is good. The crew is professional even if they do not fix a problem I had with the TV.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Hi dincio97.
Thank you for taking time making a review of us on Tripadvisor.
It is higly appreciated. We have no rooms with closet, but in the front desk
you can have as many hangers as you want for your clothes. I am sorry to hear
that there was a problem with your television. We are right now getting new televisions
for all of our rooms, hoping for a more stable connection and better quality.
I see you rate 5 of 5 for sleep quality signifying you had a great night sleep. That is
so good to hear.
Thank you again for making this review.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

A good location and also a good view over the Opera-area from some of the rooms. But the hotel has the most ugly breakfastroom I have ever seen. Get rid of the designer and think more about functionality, not just what might be cool.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear liv184.
Thank you so much for taking time making a review of us on Tripadvisor.
We do agree with your point and are right now in the process of making
the atmosphere in the eating area more intimate. Feedback like yours
makes us better and is highly appreciated. We will be happy to welcome you back
in a few months time for you to see the results.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stopping for 3 nights in Oslo, the hotel was reasonable priced and positioned in a great location only 5 to 10 main walk from the Central Station and overlooking the Opera house. The room we were given was comfortable and reasonably large and included the usual hot drink making equipment. The bathroom was also reasonable large and was done in a wet room style meaning there was a shower but no bath. As expected, the room and bathroom was clean and the decor was in good condition.

Breakfast was also included in the room price and there is a large selection of food and drink to choose from ensuring that you can start the day off on the right foot.

All staff encountered were friendly, helpful and spoke exceptional English meaning that there was no communication issues.

All in all, a good hotel in a good location that I won't hesitate in recommending to people to use as a base to explore Oslo.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
tskinnemoen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Boersparken, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you so much for you review here.
We are happy you liked it! Hopefully you enjoyed the citylife
after a good night sleep and breakfast with us.
Welcome back at any time.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Noticing that Comfort hotels were common in Norway, when I needed to fill in a few days in Oslo between visits with my cousins, I checked the website to see if there were any membership specials. I found an "Internet Only" special at Hotel Børsparken AND it was in a perfect location. I chanced an online reservation for a single room and requested a quiet room. The price was well below the listed price and much less expensive than most rooms since many hotels only have double rooms. For me, cost was important and luxurious out of my price range (especially true in Scandinavia) so finding a very comfortable hotel at a reasonable price made it feasible for me to stay 3 nights. When I registered, I was given room 715 with only the special membership floor above. The room was high enough to be above traffic noise and overlooked the opera ho use, Oslo Fjord and Ekeberg (where I had just been to the new sculpture park) across the water. Combine this with being 2 blocks from the train station and Karl Johansgate for shopping and you have a perfect location.

The room was very clean and up-to-date. The desk chair was comfortable and had a high back, which make it double as a reading chair. Sundries were not provided, but since I always travel with my own soaps, this was not a problem; a dispenser of soap was provided, as well as a plastic glass. Only one smaller size bath towel and one hand towel were provided, so if you need more than ask at the desk. The comforter seemed light weight, but even with the heat turned off I was warm during my January nights.

The breakfast spread was terrific. There was everything you could want for either a European or American breakfast. One morning I took my breakfast to my room, saving a couple of pieces of bread and cheese for lunch. I was really glad that there was a lot of fruit provided, as well as cereal and yogurt. I often don't get up in time for breakfasts, but made a point here because the breakfast was so good and really cut down on my costs for my three days at the hotel.

I don't think you can find a better place in Oslo to stay for the price.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the seventh floor, water side so that you can see the opera house.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Hi SoloSlowTouring!
Thank you for posting about us on tripadvisor.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and that our
front desk found the perfect room based on your requests.
Our staff are grateful for all the positive feedback and we
will happily accomodate you again.
Thank you.
Thomas SKinnemoen

Reviewed 19 January 2014

A great location for city centre shopping, sightseeing, the Opera, theatres and nightlife. The staff are always friendly & professional. The whole place is immacculately clean, warm & homely. The breakfast is excellent. There's free coffee available all day and the gym in the basement is great. There's a proper "can do attitude" here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well equipped. If you need a bit of room to work, book a superior room. I just lov...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hi John.
Thank you for taking time making a review of us on Tripadvisor.
We are so happy you liked it here. And we welcome you back at any time.
Thank you for also posting a picture of our lady in the bathroom.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The main attraction is the good location. It is a 5 minute walk from central station.

The reception staff are helpful. Breakfast was fine.

The room was very small and overlooked by about 100 windows. The bed was short and narrow and not very comfortable. The bathroom was very old and though clean did not look it due to age and the marks that come with it.

Thus, fine if you are staying a night but you would not want to stay longer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hi tell-it-as-it-is47.
Thank you so much for making a review here at Tripadvisor.
Our location is as you say very good. By far one of the most
central hotels in Oslo.
We are right now renovating all of our rooms, buying new beds and
hopefully they will suit every travellers need for a good night sleep.
You are welcome back at any time.