Comfort Hotel Grand Central(Oslo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$243
US$183
US$208
Saga Hotel Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$172
US$158
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Youngstorget(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$479
US$465
Hotels.com
2,158 results
All reviewsopera housecentral stationgreat gymroof terracefree coffeeexcellent locationreception areakarl johans gateshort stayhotel is locatedfew minutes walkcity centretop floordouble roomgreat breakfastwi firooms are small
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here many times on business. Superb location near the station and many restaurants and the centre of town. Literally 4 minutes walk from the train to the hotel. Reception is fine and very helpful if you treat them with respect - with usually young staff who respond to face to face rather than "ringing down!.It's a 3 star hotel not the Waldorf. If you halve the price you paid for the room you get an idea of the Norwegian equivalent price you are actually paying compared to your local currency.

Anyway, its easy to check in and check out is electronic so that take seconds.

The rooms are OK but variable - some are a bit tired. I think the hotels needs to change its cleaning contractor to improve service.

I like the breakfast / lounge area, it's open and very practical with all you need - free tea and coffee. The breakfast is great with simple, but good offerings and better than more expensive hotels I've stayed in, but then I have healthy, straightforward tastes.

Overall I like this hotel - The price is actually good value for Olso where everything costs a fortune (and I live in Sweden!).

I would recommend the hotel - If they make their cleaning consistent service it would be great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gootandcat
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very Nice with late check out on sunday included! Nice modern room. Very close to te railwaystation, and the city center. Only drawback was that they are doing some constructon Work at the hotel, but that is just for a period.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
tskinnemoen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Boersparken, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Hi Thore S.
Thank you for writing about us here at Tripadvisor.
We are really happy that you liked it here! The construction work
is over in April, but I am grateful you looked pass this.
At least we get brand new modern rooms all over the hotel in just a short period
of time.
You are welcome back at any time Thore.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I've got a ridicolous small "room" (maybe cell should be the right definition), no heating (who cares in Oslo...), no hot water (take a shower is a luxury for someone). All this for 1049 NOK per night (126 €... 172 $... 103 £...). Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Francesco D
tskinnemoen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Boersparken, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear diapostrofo86.
My sincere apologies for the experience you had with us.
Actually you got our smallest room. This was really bad luck for you. We normally
only use this when the hotel is really full. Therefor you also had a quite high price
as Oslo city centre was really full this day.
Regarding the hot water and the heater this was also extremely unfortunate for you.
On Wednesday 12th of February a construction machine hit the pipe for hot water to all of
Oslo city centre. A giant leak of 4000m3 was leaked into the ground making all houses in the
city centre out of hot water and heating for more than 24 hours. This was out of our control,
but we tried to inform all of our guests as well as we could with posters and in the reception. We would also been able to assist you with booking a hotel out of the city centre if this problem was of major concern for you.
I am sorry you were such unlucky with your stay. You are welcome to contact me at
thomas.skinnemoen@choice.no if you have any further comments or questions.
Wish you all the best.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed here in mid-December on an overnight layover en route from London to Reykjavik. The room was tiny and could use an update, but the lobby was kind of cool. At 4am the fire alarm went off. We were only going to get about 5 hours sleep but sure enough we had to evacuate. It took about 30-45 minutes for the fire dept to come in and clear the building. When we checked out not even two hours later it wasn't even mentioned. I understand things happen but you can at least offer a sincere apology. I would've rated this average if we didn't have that experience... I would hope you could find something better in Oslo but it is such an expensive city regardless... and surprisingly a bit run down. Oh well, standing outside in the middle of that cold December night was an experience I'm sure we will never forget.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff B

Dear Jeff B.
Thank you for taking time posting your comments on tripadvisor.
We had in mid-December a fire alarm in the middle of the night. It is really the most
unfortunate of course, but in this case something triggered by someone smoking in one of the rooms (which is prohibited at our property). We should of course have offered you an apology
the next day. I hope you accept my apoligies now. We will have a new fire security training day the upcoming week and I will then make sure we also focus how to handle the guests during these kind of situations.
We are now refurbishing all of our rooms, it will be done in April. I would love to welcome you back here for a second try. Feel free to contact me at thomas.skinnemoen@choice.no.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Upon arrival I was given a room with only a roof hatch / window and no view. After complaining I was given another room with a window, but that was worn and had a lousy bathroom. When breakfast was taken away precise 9.30 I got no breakfast either. Considering the ongoing renovation that took place i find it unreasonably large difference between a room rate of over NOK 1700, - and the experience at this hotel. You can find much better hotels at this price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
1  Thank Jan M H

Dear Jan M H.
First of all I will thank you for taking time making a review of us here at Tripadvisor.
I am sorry to hear that you did not like our rooms. The first one you got was one of our
new rooms with brand new design. Some of these rooms have roof hatch and many of our
guests like these rooms because of the height between floor and ceiling. I am happy to
hear that our front desk could help you to change when this was not suiting your taste.
Unfortunately you then have to take one of our older rooms (which are right now under refurbishing as you say). We would love to welcome you back to a brand new hotel in April 2014.
And if you pay attention to our websites you can find prices as low as 499NOK.