“The Best Hotel Ever!!!”

Ranked #27 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Gran Canaria
“The Best Hotel Ever!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days in May 2009. Everything was just perfect. Very nice rooms and the service was outstanding. Everyone smiled and gave us the best service we have ever experienced. We recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona
Reviewed 27 May 2009

This is a bit odd looking hotel, from a lobby/bar and from a room perspective, because decoration is special, at least. However, staff is really friendly, location is downtown, breakfast is complete and healthy, and the best: included in the price you have not only the breakfast, but a light evening buffet in the loft that it's worth for money (taking into account how expensive Norway for a non-Nordic citizen is).

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I picked this hotel at first because of the location. It is centrally located between the pier and the train station, both within walking distance.
When I checked in, I was not feeling good because of the long flight and my feet hurt from the walk through the airport, then to the train, then to the hotel. Instead of brushing me off when I told them how exhausted I was, the front desk girl upgraded me to a bigger room for free with a big bath tub to soak away my sorrows.
There is also free breakfast, free afternoon snack and free lite evening meal. Internet access is also free either through your laptop on the computer in the upstairs lounge. There are even free movies on the flat screen in the lounge.
On my second night there, I came down with the flu and was very sick and the staff gave me ice packs, headache pills and made sure I was ok. When I finally got better, they had the cleaning lady come give my room a once over.
When I went to check out, I didn't have a printer and couldn't get my boarding pass. The girl at the front desk was able to go above and beyound and print it out for me.
They made me feel like part of the family.

As a tip to save money, buy an Oslo pass, they come in 24/36/ and 72 hour passes and get you free transportation on everything even the ferry and into almost all musuems. What isn't free with the card is discounted but with the card I never paid for anything.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Norway
Reviewed 16 May 2009

Returned for the second time this year. Stayed 5 nights. Only thing different was that service might have improved a little bit. Was greated with a smile, check in fast and my room was upgraded without hesitation. Stayed on the fifth floor with a view towards the backdoor - great, quiet in the night. Internet WLAN fast. New doors with a kind of key card which you just held towards the locker, and the door would open. Newspapers provided at the door (almost) every morning. Only problem was that they didn't refill the minibar every day. Breakfast and supper - ok service and choice. The restaurant i supposed to be one of the best in Oslo, but didn't try it. 5 minutes walk from the airport express train (get off at the National theatre).

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank DocHeitmann
Greece
Reviewed 8 January 2009

Last August with my wife and our 3 children we spend 4 days in Oslo in Clarion Savoy.
The Hotel is in great location, next to the National Gallery. and 200 meters from main street, Karl Johan.
Because the whole family shared one room, we slept in the couch which wasn't that comfortable and to be honest is one of the very few things that we didn't like. The other , lets say it negative remark, is that the room we had was in the corner of the building in the first floor just above the intersection of the tram! It was a little bit noisy .
IN general the Hotel is very clean, the rooms the same, big bathroom, changing towels when it was requested and staff was very helpfull and gentle in all levels.
Breakfast was close to excellent, with great variety of fruits, musli, jogurt, special organic section of fruits and of course the non healthy stuff, like bacon, scrabled eggs etc (!)
One of a kind the special variety of salmon, which we were more than pleased to eat every single morniing.
Excellent atmosphere in the breakfast area which i think is operating like a sofistike restaurant in the afternoon.
In the price also was indluded a free light evening meal in the last floor, with free internet access aside and with a small variety of cookies and salad. Some of the Hotel guests were overwhlelmingly eated there every single night!
I would definitely suggest to anyone visiting Oslo to stay in this Hotel, which by the end had a very good price.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 26 September 2008

First of all, the hotel's location is superb - only a few minutes away from Oslo's main street. The hotel itself is very easy to find, but look closely for the entrance - blink and you'll miss it. The reception area is tiny, only one person was working at the reception so prepare to stand in line.

During my visit there were some maintenance being done - there were people doing paint work so the corridor smelled like fresh paint - but fortunately the smell was not noticable in my room.

The hotel was fully booked so I got a single room - which was the tiniest room I've ever seen. It had a single bed, a minibar which also served as a bedstand - and a chair. That's it. The bathroom was so small that I kept bumping my elbows. Also, there were no towels in my room and I had to enquire at the reception to get some. The staff was very helpful and promptly provided me with the towels I needed.

Even though the room was absolutely tiny, it was very cosy and very clean - and I did not mind hanging out there for several hours. There was some noise from traffic but not too bad.

If you are a business traveller and needs to get some work done during your stay, make sure you get a bigger room. I cannot imagine it being possible to work in the kind of room I had.

Also worth mentioning; the hotel provided a novel at the bedstand for people who hadn't brought their own reading material - a nice touch which I haven't experienced before. There were also a children's book but I cannot image any small kids ever staying in a single room of that kind.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Tiny room
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
Tromso
Reviewed 22 December 2007

I stayed 4 mights at the Savoy, mainly chosen because of the free supper included, a nice toucThe hotel building is great, but inside they have modernised it in a way that is wrong to the original athmosphere of the building. My room was also quite boringly decorated, not to say "cheap", but the bathroom was nice and spacy, with both a tub AND a separate shower cabinet. The loft where they serve supper was delightful, and open all day to relax in. Many guests brought their lunches their to eat and to have their free coffee, great way to save money. Breakfast was good, and breakfast room had great location with views to the street outside and the national gallery. The staff was also nice. All in all a pleasant stay, but nicer decor would add extras to this hotel.

• Liked — Supper at the attic
  • Disliked — The decor in my room
  • Stayed December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hufsa