“Charming stay at Frogner House”

Frogner House Apartments
Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our stay at Frogner House was absolutely perfect, and I would highly recommend it. Our apartment was beautiful and very comfortable, and especially convenient since it had a small kitchen. The staff were warm, inviting and helpful, and were on hand to answer all of our questions. The apartments are in the most beautiful neighbourhood, and we quickly discovered that everything we needed was essentially right outside our doorstep: restaurants, cafes, bars, clothing jobs, etc. I would highly recommend staying here during a trip to Oslo.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank elysiumm
FHA2014, Manager at Frogner House Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hello,
Thank you so mych for taking of your time to write us a review.
we are hapt to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we really hope that you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The stay here (four nights) was enjoyable. The location is excellent, the room spacious and practical and the service friendly and professional. I had some problems with the shower but it was fixed I already recommended the facilities to my family. You feel (almost) at home in this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TWI2014
FHA2014, Manager at Frogner House Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Good Morning from Oslo,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very nice rooms.It was clean and neat.Bed was very comfortable and nice.Light intensity was very low and I suggest to improve light intensity.Towels were clean and fresh.Temperature controller was very good.

I will come again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
FHA2014, Manager at Frogner House Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your revíew.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I liked the accommodation but there was nothing amazing about it. It was clean and neat. There was a shortage of power points and none close to the bed for phone or ipad charging. The wireless internet was VERY flaky and intermittent and slow at best. While the bathroom was new and very clean, the shower doors were useless as having a normal shower would flood the floor. My initial booking was made on the Frogner House website and the payment function seemed to be broken as it did not confirm my purchase and in fact stated that my Amex didn't get approved - I tried three separate cards and a few days later, realized that the site had in fact charged me three extra times. Their accounts department corrected the error but it still required me to call them and go through the hassle. The staff were lovely but in all, it wasn't my best hotel experience. Note, the in room thermostats do not actually do anything - it is managed centrally from the downstairs receptionist.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a suite - way more room and not that much more expensive. Be aware that when book...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Good Morning,
Thank you for taking of your time and for writing this review.
We do appreciate you telling us about your stay so that we can look in to the issues you faced during your experience. You are more than welcome to contact me on emwe@frognerhouse.no should you have any further comments.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is not a bed and breakfast, as stated in the Lonely Planet guidebook, but an apartment, and a pricy one at that. The bathroom shower gets water everywhere, and you have to clean up after yourself and pay extra for a clean towel (!) The location was great, but i think i would opt for a hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathy R
FHA2014, Manager at Frogner House Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Cathy,
Thank you for writing a review.
It is true that we are not a bed and breakfast as we do have studio apartments with kitchens. however we do have an breakfast option as we sell discounted breakfast vouchers to the neighbouring cafe. I appreciate that you let us know about the water in the bathroom so that we can inform our janitors so check this.
wish you a good day,
Kind Regards, Emma Hotel manager

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Overall I am very satisfied with the room. It is well modern furnished. had everything a person might need inside a room. Towels and bedding were fresh and clean. very good security in the house, reliable door locks.

However, the internet commection was terrible. I don't know if it was because of out of signal location of my room or any other issue, but i literally could not use internet a single minute without being disconnected... Worst internet ever.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Good Morning,
Thank you for taking of your time to write us a review!
We are happy to hear that your overall experience were a pleasant one, and i apologize that you had problems with your internet. This we will of course look into.
We hope to see you back one day!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

ok hotel but too expensive for what it is. Good location but the bed was not stable and noisy.
I do not think I will go back to that place. The only difference between a hotel room and the room I had was the kitchen. The shower was rather small. The armchairs are getting worn out. The girl at the reception was nice but hardly available as she was running around all the time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eloilevermil
FHA2014, Manager at Frogner House Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking your time and write us this feedback. I am sorry you did not had as good stay as you expected. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back one day to give you a more positive experience You are also more than welcome to contact me on emwe@frognerhouse.no if you wish.
Kind Regards, Emma , Hotel Manager