First Hotel Grims Grenka
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswaterfall showerrooftop barrecommend this hotelboutique hotelnice hotelbreakfast buffetnice staygreat breakfastlocation is excellentaker bryggestandard roomthe main streetpublic transportthe central train stationcity centreopera housecatwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I think that the recent bad reviews lowered my expectations. That, coupled with a good price, and a large room, led me to a very pleasant experience.
The hotel is modern, and that comes with two potential issues; decoration and lack of practicality. I felt fine with both. Yes, the room is dark, and yes, there are a few thing missing, like a place to hang towels near the shower.

But there are nice perks (like nespresso machines). The location is very good, and my room was very spacious. For the price I paid and in a city like Oslo, I felt very satisfied.

The staff was ok (helped me with a few needs and did not help at all with others). Breakfast was good, although there was not a lot of variety. The restaurant looked really nice. Did not have dinner there.

I will not give it 5 stars because there are a few signs of age/lack of attention in the room's maintenance. But overall I consider this a very good 4 star rating.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Linda S, General Manager at First Hotel Grims Grenka, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Greetings from Oslo and many thanks for your positive feedback.
Glad you had such a pleasant experience at Grims Grenka. We also appreciate your nice words about the great location and our spacious rooms.
I will take all your comments into consideration and forward to my colleagues, and we hope to see you again here soon. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A surprisingly pleasent new hotel experience. Grims Grenska is exciting design, central location and in every way Value for Money. I was satsing here for business. Will definately come back also for pleasure and vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with FirstHotels.com
Linda S, General Manager at First Hotel Grims Grenka, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Greetings and many thanks for your positive feedback concerning Grims Grenka!
We have worked very hard to make a difference and glad that our effort made your stay a memorable one.
I would just like to add that your feedback is very much appreciated as it is a true and direct indication of the quality of our property and your stay.
Very much looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel. The air condition system was not adjustable: It was not possible to adjust the room temperature to a pleasant level during the night.
The staff in the Reception and the Restaurant was very positive, but the aircondition system results in at low rating .
Ok hotel to visit, if you don't mind sleeping in a sauna.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with FirstHotels.com
2  Thank gl0betr0tter1955

Greetings and many thanks for your feedback concerning your stay at Grims Grenka. Your positive comments concerning our staff are very pleasing. We also appreciate your constructive comments in regards to the heat control system in your room as we are always looking to improve the quality of our property. I will forward your thoughts to the technical manager to ensure that necessary improvements will be made.
Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We booked a Winter Room because it looks out to a quiet street and not to the lobby as do the Summer Rooms. The location of the hotel is unbeatable with a lot of attractions, excellent restaurants and shops and the central railway station in walking distance. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and varied. The room was stylish and clean but there were a few points that just didn't compare to the standard of other hotels, especially design hotels in the same price range. Bathroom was very small with the toilet right in the middle between shower cubicle and sink. Bathroom mirror is on your left hand side which makes it difficult if you want to put on make up in an already badly lit bathroom. Ventilation was not adjustable and ventilation grill was right above the top of the bed which left you with a draught in your face. We were able to open the windows though to get some fresh air in.
All in all our expectations of a five star hotel were not met, but the location and the value for money in Oslo made it partially up.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TiLa1613
Linda S, General Manager at First Hotel Grims Grenka, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of Grims Grenka. Your positive comments are very much appreciated and are forwarded to my great colleagues.
Very glad to hear that you enjoyed our great location and the quality of property and service.
Our Technical Manager has made necessary improvements based on your comments regarding the ventilation. We are all looking forward to your return, next time providing you with a bigger bathroom in a stylish room meeting all your expectations and more!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed just one night for business but got a large room. The problem with the dark interior is the lack of natural daylight in the whole hotel. My window was facing a wall only 3 metres away so no view at all. However bed was very comfy and breakfast was great in the stylish restaurant. I would definitely come back if only for a short stay but for a longer I would definitely want a room/hotel with more daylight.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Greetings and many thanks for your positive feedback concerning our property. Glad you enjoyed your large room, comfy bed and breakfast buffet in our restaurant Madu. I will forward your nice words to our staff. We will be happy to provide you with a room with more daylight upon your next visit. In the meantime - have a great, sunny summer!