First Hotel Grims Grenka
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswaterfall showerrooftop barrecommend this hotelboutique hotelnice hotelbreakfast buffetnice staygreat breakfastlocation is excellentaker bryggestandard roomthe main streetpublic transportthe central train stationcity centreopera housecatwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Lured by books and travel advisors, we stayed at the Grims Grenka for four nights. If a design hotel means a very poorly lighted hall, restaurant and room, we are very surprised, if a design shower and toilet room means that you hardly have place to move inside even thought I weigh only 60 kilos, if design means no miroir in front of the sink to put and take off contact Lens, we will review our definition of design. If eco means lack of proper ventilation, we will also review our definition. Finally, looking more closely, we found that furniture and accessories tend to be on the cheap side.
The breakfast buffet stands at an excellent level. The front desk and room staff desserve a five star
degree of merit.
Finaly, the hotel is very well situated at a walking distance of many attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Echodularge
Linda S, General Manager at First Hotel Grims Grenka, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Greetings and many thanks for taking the time to review our property.
As a member of the management team I will take all your comments into consideration and forward them to my colleagues.
We really appreciate your words of praise regarding our staff and our delicious breakfast buffet.
We also hope to welcome you back to Grims Grenka so we can provide you with a few factors that you felt were missing this time.
Have a great summer!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I think that the recent bad reviews lowered my expectations. That, coupled with a good price, and a large room, led me to a very pleasant experience.
The hotel is modern, and that comes with two potential issues; decoration and lack of practicality. I felt fine with both. Yes, the room is dark, and yes, there are a few thing missing, like a place to hang towels near the shower.

But there are nice perks (like nespresso machines). The location is very good, and my room was very spacious. For the price I paid and in a city like Oslo, I felt very satisfied.

The staff was ok (helped me with a few needs and did not help at all with others). Breakfast was good, although there was not a lot of variety. The restaurant looked really nice. Did not have dinner there.

I will not give it 5 stars because there are a few signs of age/lack of attention in the room's maintenance. But overall I consider this a very good 4 star rating.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Greetings from Oslo and many thanks for your positive feedback.
Glad you had such a pleasant experience at Grims Grenka. We also appreciate your nice words about the great location and our spacious rooms.
I will take all your comments into consideration and forward to my colleagues, and we hope to see you again here soon. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A surprisingly pleasent new hotel experience. Grims Grenska is exciting design, central location and in every way Value for Money. I was satsing here for business. Will definately come back also for pleasure and vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with FirstHotels.com
Linda S, General Manager at First Hotel Grims Grenka, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Greetings and many thanks for your positive feedback concerning Grims Grenka!
We have worked very hard to make a difference and glad that our effort made your stay a memorable one.
I would just like to add that your feedback is very much appreciated as it is a true and direct indication of the quality of our property and your stay.
Very much looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel. The air condition system was not adjustable: It was not possible to adjust the room temperature to a pleasant level during the night.
The staff in the Reception and the Restaurant was very positive, but the aircondition system results in at low rating .
Ok hotel to visit, if you don't mind sleeping in a sauna.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with FirstHotels.com
2  Thank gl0betr0tter1955

Greetings and many thanks for your feedback concerning your stay at Grims Grenka. Your positive comments concerning our staff are very pleasing. We also appreciate your constructive comments in regards to the heat control system in your room as we are always looking to improve the quality of our property. I will forward your thoughts to the technical manager to ensure that necessary improvements will be made.
Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We booked a Winter Room because it looks out to a quiet street and not to the lobby as do the Summer Rooms. The location of the hotel is unbeatable with a lot of attractions, excellent restaurants and shops and the central railway station in walking distance. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and varied. The room was stylish and clean but there were a few points that just didn't compare to the standard of other hotels, especially design hotels in the same price range. Bathroom was very small with the toilet right in the middle between shower cubicle and sink. Bathroom mirror is on your left hand side which makes it difficult if you want to put on make up in an already badly lit bathroom. Ventilation was not adjustable and ventilation grill was right above the top of the bed which left you with a draught in your face. We were able to open the windows though to get some fresh air in.
All in all our expectations of a five star hotel were not met, but the location and the value for money in Oslo made it partially up.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TiLa1613
Linda S, General Manager at First Hotel Grims Grenka, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of Grims Grenka. Your positive comments are very much appreciated and are forwarded to my great colleagues.
Very glad to hear that you enjoyed our great location and the quality of property and service.
Our Technical Manager has made necessary improvements based on your comments regarding the ventilation. We are all looking forward to your return, next time providing you with a bigger bathroom in a stylish room meeting all your expectations and more!