“Great hotel”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo
Ranked #30 of 103 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This was a great hotel. Easy from airport. Great breakfast. I got stuck with twin beds due to checking in early but it was very comfortable. Beers are $15 dollars each at Irish pub. Very close to trains and buses.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
OsloPlaza, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear guest,

Tarje Hellebust, General Manager Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,631)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

There was nothing we could complain about this hotel. The service provided by reception and Restaurant 34 was really amazing. The hotel's central location has a very high value. It was just a perfect stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
OsloPlaza, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Kristina,

Thank you for this great review after your stay at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comment with the team in 34 which I am sure will be delighted by your comments.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We got to stay Two nights at this hotel On 8th & 9th February 2014 and were ultimately overwhelmed and thrilled with everything. The service was impeccable, polite and helpful. The overall decor was modern. We had room 2504 and what a view it gave us out across the Opera house and into the fjord beyond!!The bed was one of the comfiest I have encountered and the coffee machine an added bonus!! The Galway pub, which we ate at during our stay was fantastic, both for its food and staff service. All this" Hotel In Need Of Renovation" bewilders my experience while staying here!! Its location alone is worth the prices, just a minutes walk from the train station! I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone visiting Oslo!! Thanks for a fantastic stay!!

Room Tip: Room 2504 is highly recommended if available :) And take the lift along the outside of the building...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
OsloPlaza, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Sarah,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

staff provides very good and friendly service.
for a business or leisure trip this is a great location near the train station which is a short 15 min train ride from the airport.
breakfast is quite good with multiple stations so guests are not piled up on one another getting food. Very healthy selection of food.
Internet is included, a must in a business trip, speed is quite good and allows VPN connection to the office.
gym on top floor is quite unique with a few various machines and floor space with some mats, otherwise not much equipment but sufficient for a workout.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank glbltravl
OsloPlaza, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear guest,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I've stayed twice in the hotel for business, overall it has been a good stay, the hotel is in an excellent position close to the station and city center. The service was good and kind personnel. I'd recommend it

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
OsloPlaza, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Loredana,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We unfortunately only got to stay one night, but we fell in love immediately with everything. The service was impeccable, polite and helpful. The decorations (room and overall) was to our style - something like cozy-modern. The bed was amazing and I have nothing to complain about EXCEPT that I didn't get to stay longer. Hopefully I will be able to save up money for a longer stay another time! If you can afford it, I would be as bold as to say it is the best place you can stay in Oslo (location is also perfect). Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Tine L. J

Dear Tine,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I was in this hotel couple of times before I really wanted to go there again and I suggested a group of Humanitarian activists whom I volunteerly help to go there for our conference, first day the person in charge showed me everything and it was OK but when I send the list of rooms he told me the same suits were not available because of renovation, so there was no need to show it to me the day before and wasting my time, then I asked for a room beside the junior suit to compensate the meeting room which they agreed but when I went there the next day he said he can give me the room and even empty it but they will not give me the table and chair, this is while I was going to get another big meeting room for the conference but still needed the small one beside the suit, finally they said they can remove the sofa from the suit and provide the table there, which was not suitable at all since I needed the living room and again I had no choice so I accepted, then he said I have to rent another room since they didn't have a place to put the sofa which I had to accept, but that was not the end of the story because when I asked the contract he told me that I have to pay two extra nights for the room they wanted to use as storage! so I decided to leave this hotel and I found another one for the whole group, I wrote a letter to general manager and explained all this and I got no reply! in this process I only expected a little bit of flexibility which didn't exist, they lost a deal of more than 500000 Norvegian Korone for the whole group, I liked this hotel and I suggested everyone to go there but this kind of treating the customer was not acceptable, I always respect the rules and rgulations but I have always faced lots of flexibility from managers who are willing to find solutions and I strongly suggest the management of this hotel to review their methods.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank hadisaidi
OsloPlaza, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Hadisaidi,

Thank you for taking time posting your review. We are very sad to hear that the stay did not meet your expectations, this is not the way we want our guests to experience our hotel. We will off course use this feedback for improvement. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at e-mail: gm.plaza.oslo@radissonblu.com.

Hope we will get the opportunity to see you here again – Welcome back!