-Reception staff is very friendly and polite. Special thanks to Ida who checked us in and security man ( sorry don't know your name) who helped us to fix our pushchair when it broke.
-Excellent breakfast,both hot and cold, good variety and quality.
- Comfortable bed.
- Despite central location our room was very quiet.
-Air con is very quite and does its job very well.
- Room needs a bit of updating
- Cleaners definitely need some training in cleaning. Although I could see that they have been but the room and especially bathroom was not cleaned to a high standard. Toiletries were never replaced and we had to call reception and ask for more.
- Small things such as box of paper tissues or pen were missing in the room.
- I would expect a bit more from 4* hotel and it's hugely overpriced as it is.
SPECIAL NOTE: be aware that children 12 yo and younger can stay in their parents room for free if there is no extra bed required. I emailed to the hotel asking them whether it would be ok for me to book a double standard room as our 2 yo child did not require an extra bed. I have received 2 replies from 2 different people. Both were from European Reservation Centre in Dublin and both stated that I was NOT allowed to do so and advised to book a family room which was aprx £80 per night more expensive than a standard double room! I was not happy about this reply and went again on hotels website to find out how to contact the hotel directly. Luckily I can read Norwegian and when I studied the website more carefully I was surprised to learn that the policy about children staying for free was clearly displayed on the hotels page. Therefore I just ignored the replies I received and booked a double room. We had no problems on arrival and as we stayed in the hotel 3 nights we saved nearly £240 by NOT booking a family room. We actually were asked at the check in if we would like to have an extra bed for our child. We declined but from the way it was asked we got an impression that if wanted it we wouldn't be charged extra.
So if you have any queries about the hotel, don't email them as the email would go to people in reservation centre in Dublin who have no clue what is going on in the hotel they work for!
Overall, we had an excellent stay. We love Oslo and nothing would have spoiled it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel is the largest hotel and the tallest building in Norway, featuring 673 rooms and suites. The hotel is conveniently located next to the central railway station, with easy airport access. Shopping and sightseeing is within walking distance. Guests enjoy complimentary access to the swimming pool on the 35th floor and Plaza Fitness on the 37th floor. Concierge service, valet parking and room service is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rezidor, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo Hotel Oslo
- Radisson Oslo
- Oslo Radisson