Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo
US$210
US$328
  • Pool
US$177
Comfort Hotel Boersparken(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$152
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Youngstorget(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$116
  • Fitness centre
US$228
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Scandic St. Olavs plass(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$451
US$550
Agoda.com
3,723 results
All reviewssky bartallest buildingtrain stationirish pubtop floorlarge hotelbusy hotelbusiness roomthe upper floorsstandard roomnespresso machinebusiness tripnice roomcentral locationbreakfast buffet isthe breakfast areaopera house
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Slow inattentive check in. Room scuffed and shabby with the annoying two small duvets folded on a small queen double bed. (Staying in a business class room).

Bathroom attempts to be a wet room but it's one flat floor with sink and counter at one end and low pressure shower at the other with very obvious clunky drain and toilet between in very small space. When you use the shower water covers the whole floor so brushing your teeth later involves wading.

Today the room phones have all failed. I needed room service and planned to order in just enough time for 30-40 mins delivery before going to work. By the time I'd figured out the. Phones didn't work and made my way to reception I needed delivery wink 20 mins. They were unhelpful, unapologetic and couldn't arrange this.

Stay somewhere else!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Tarje H, Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Glendal345,

Hope we will get the opportunity to see you here again – Welcome back!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Room was spacious, comfortable bed, good breakfast, air con worked well, good shower, good wifi (free) - all in all fine ! What more can I say ? Not exactly packed with character, but better that than things not working. Good location too - 2 minutes walk ( if that) from the airport train.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mwrussell2013

Dear mWrussell2013,

Thank you for your review after your stay at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Good things: This is a perfectly ok hotel, but there is no reason to stay here if you don't get one of the rooms with a good view of the city. The location is good with just a few minutes to walk to the central station, but there are plenty of hotels in the area. However, if you do get a room with a good view (we had a room on the 31st floor looking west), it is pretty unbeatable.

Bad things: The wifi was kind of unstable when we were there. We checked out fairly early but the front desk was understaffed and we had to stand in line for more than five minutes. The pool was tiny and a little too cold, and does not have a view of the city. The bar has a nice view but was cramped and understaffed and has a pretty sterile atmosphere (even for a corporate sky bar). The breakfast was so crowded (early August) that most food items were empty at any given time and we spent more time standing in line than enjoying our food. The coffee was also below average. Our room was advertised as having free coffee, but it was with a Nespresso machine -- they might as well give us instant coffee powder.

Room Tip: Rooms high up facing west have amazing views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear LesterN,

Thank you for your review after your stay at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel. We are very happy to hear that you all in all enjoyed your stay. We do however see that we did not meet all your expectations. We will off course use this feedback for improvement

Reviewed 11 August 2014

First the GOOD:
I love this hotel. I love the rooms. I'm comfortable, I'm at home there. I travel a lot for a living & when my company pays for luxury I'm grateful, when they contract for humble, I'm grateful for that too. On that note I like this hotel & although we just moved back to this hotel I remember it from the early 1990s when I worked for a different company and boy was it opulent. It made my impression of Norway as the most beautiful place on earth. So with that knowledge I keep my expectations realistic. I love the hotel! The view just from the sauna or gym at the top is incredible. I relax up there like I do nowhere else. I have not visited the bar recently to see the views from there but don't need to the Sauna & gym is enough. The staff is reasonably friendly & helpful. The hotel in at the City center, near the train Oslo Sentralstasjon (you can jump on a tram or a train & go to anywhere in Norway) and shopping and bars and restaurants and malls and the options are incredible. A short walk to Karl Johan the main street, where you can make your way to the Royal palace or the Aker Brygge (waterfront). The hotel is absolutely conveniently located.

It breaks my heart to write anything negative about this hotel but I have to based on the fact that my experience on my last stay was a bit challenging:
On entering the hotel the front desk is like a zoo, difficult to be acknowledged and we stood there for a while. the staff was reasonably pleasant in their interaction however. I tried using the one touch service to get some coffee & and ice bucket (however as with every time I tried the One Touch button) it rang & rang several times with no answer. When I finally got through & asked for the coffee pods for the Nespresso machine & sugar. They finally delivered but only the ice bucket. I was too tired to even bother with asking for the coffee again. I let it go.

The next day, same thing, Called and called the One Touch service it was busy at first. Called back at least a good 6 to 8 times with the phone ringing with no answer. I finally dialed the "100% Satisfaction" button on the phone finally I got an answer right away told her my problem. She so sweetly & kindly apologized. I told her I just wanted some coffee pods for the Nespresso machine & some sugar. She verified my room number and said she would have it delivered right away. Waited & waited listening for the door. Finally the phone rang and I was asked to "please open the door the staff was outside knocking with the coffee." Ran to the door. There was no one there. Closed the door walked away, went back looked, still no one. After about 8 mins I called back the "100% satisfaction button to let her know I had been checking at the door but no one was there. I suggest perhaps the person was at the wrong room. She verified my room again and apologized because she said that is the room number she gave the staff member. Waited some more....finally she showed up with about 2 packets of sugar & some instant coffee. I explained to the lady that I asked for coffee pods for the Nespresso machine. she said she was sorry would go get some. After about another 15minutes she returned with 3 (THREE) & apologized saying that that was the only THREE they had left in the hotel. WOW!!!!! I was shocked & a little disappointed. It took about a good two hours to get what I needed and it was early in the morning. Perish the thought of having it be later and or busier in the day.

Leaving the hotel & trying to checkout!???....Give yourself a lot of time. The lines and the wait is ridiculous.

I happen to like this hotel. This is the hotel we are contracted with in Oslo and we sometime float between this one and the Radisson Blu near the Royal Plaza. The Radisson chain has become my home in Oslo for many, many years. I am hoping that my feedback can help with some improvement.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MichelleLo2014

Dear MichelleLo2014,

Thank you for taking time posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are very sad to hear that the stay did not meet your expectations, this is not the way we want our guests to experience the hotel. We will off course use this feedback for improvement. Hope we will get the opportunity to see you here again – Welcome back!

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay at the radisson , good location and great views . Perfect to get off the transfer bus and walk into the hotel . There were a few blips . First room had dirty ear buds and half drunk containers left around . Quick complaint and we were upgraded to business class , this was good customer service I felt . Unfortunately this bathroom throughout the break had a strong smell of urine . Not wanting to keep complaint and enjoy our long deserved break we just got in with it . The breakfast is great very busy but something for everyone . And the location is good but you do feel as you are walking back from the tourist areas you are walking into the rougher part of town . But very typical of European station areas !
Views from the rooms are amazing though. And the gym is adequate with amazing views . All in all pleased with the break but the hotel suffers from being a very big hotel so the fine tuning just isn't there .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Norbs1971,

Thank you for your review after your stay at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel. We are very happy to hear that you all in all enjoyed your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact us whenever there is an issue we may solve. We will of course do our best to make your stay at the best.