“Great Location to Explore Oslo”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
Ranked #36 of 103 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Hotel was easy to get to from Rygge Airport. Bus to city centre and then tram to the hotel. The hotel was centrally located which made it ideal for the exploring the lovely city of Oslo. Room was comfortable while not exactly spacious, warm which was important as we traveled in early December. The staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast like all Radissons were excellent, the restaurtant tends to get very busy but a fantastic array of lovely food to start the day with.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,343)

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel is in a lovely location -- close to the palace and in the middle of one of the most walkable cities around. I liked the area a lot. But the hotel was not impressive. First, the good things: the staff were helpful, the breakfast buffet was large and well-stocked, and the Internet system worked well. Beyond that, the rooms were small, the public areas a little tired, and the overall ambiance of the hotel unimpressive. These are very expensive hotels in global terms, but the money does not seem well-spent here. Once expects more from a Radisson hotel, located in a major city.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments and I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with our services offered. I am also pleased to inform that as from May 2014 we will start renovating a number of our rooms. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I hope we will have the pleasure having you as a guest in our hotel should your travels bring you back to Oslo.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Reviewed 17 January 2014

The same money can get you a decent place. Don't go here unless you want that YHA feel for a 5 star price. Broken power outlets, no ironing board, rubbish bathroom accessories, and no option to buy a decent kit from reception. They'll just send you over to a kiosk and wash their hands of the problem.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback which I will use for further improvements. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our bathroom amenities satisfactorily as we have had this line of amenities for years and have received very good feedback on them. I am pleased to inform you that we will start renovating some of our rooms as from May 2014, we will then have new and modern rooms to offer our guests.
Should you like to contact me, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail directly to me on gm.scandinavia.oslo@radissonblu.com.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This used to be a good hotel. Presently it appears as a run down aged hotel. The rooms can pass buth bathroom was below standard, and not at all nice. Breakfast was also not as nice as you expect in a decent hotel. The hotel is in an OK part of town, but needs renovation.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Regni,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate your comments and will use them for further improvements. I am pleased to inform you that as from May 2014 we will start renovating some of our rooms so we will then be able to offer fresh and modern rooms to our guests.
We do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

krgds,

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights. I was satisfied with my room and loved that all employees had this Yes I can! attitude. They were very kind to me and helped me whenever I needed. One of the trainees (girl from abroad with black, long hair) was very nice to me and helped me a lot. I even got nice compliments from her early in the morning when I did not feel so good. She made my day!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with the hotel and the services received. I will make sure to share your comments with my colleagues.

I hope to you see you soon again in our hotel!

krgds,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here for the third time and unluckily got one of the rooms still stuck in the 1980's - dated and worn furniture, scuff marks, generally unwelcoming feel. Bathroom very small and dated. But once all rooms get redone, then this will be a very good hotel. Staff are helpful, location is tops, communal areas are nice. Check out the 21st floor bar for amazing views of Oslo and the harbour!

1  Thank AFCW
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay. I am very happy that you are pleased with our services offered. We all look forward to our rooms being renovated so we can offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I hope that we will be able to also welcome you to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stay regularly for my work in Oslo and I have chosen this hotel to be my base. The Scandinavian is a good hotel where the service is friendly and good. The location is really nice in the city center and many restaurants are close by. Facilities of the hotel are good. The rooms in the hotel are generally good, but it seems there are still rooms that need to be re done. I personally never had a room that was not modernised, but a colleague of mine experienced once a room that he said with a little run down furniture.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Gijs,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to inform that as from May 2014 we will start renovation of our rooms that is a bit outdated, so then we will be able to offer our guests new and modern rooms.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you and your colleague back to the hotel not too far in the distance.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo