“Good location, friendly staff, great bar.”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
Ranked #38 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed over New Year, and had a lovely dinner on New Year's Eve. In one of my emails trying to find out information about what was on offer - but after I had booked the room - I had mentioned that we were on honeymoon. Some weeks later, when we actually arrived at the hotel, we had been upgraded from a standard room to a business room and had a platter of fruit waiting for us in the room with a note congratulating us, which was a very nice touch.
The hotel is well located, most attractions in the city centre are within walking distance, and it is close to bus and tram routes out to Vigeland Park and the Bygdøy museums.
There is a small gym and swimming pool in the hotel basement, and at the other end of the building the Summit bar has stunning views and a decent cocktail menu.
The breakfast buffet was extensive if unexceptional, and on one of the days we stayed a chef was cooking fresh omelettes to order as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We do hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Oslo.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,315)

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Whery good and ok hotell
good location and service
Nice and happy staff, good meals and breakfost . Nice sleping condicions and good roms to sleep in, Nice Place to hawe ut in The midle og The city .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Jostein,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward in seeing you soon again in the hotel.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

small tired rooms, bathroom had broken tiles etc, slow service in the reception. expensive room service breakfast that was nothing but average. someone had been smoking in our room (was supposed to be an allergic friendly room) the reception was notified, but they didnt seem to care.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. Your feedback is important for us which we will use for further improvements. I am pleased to inform that as from May 2014 we will start renovation of some of our rooms. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to our hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I generally find Radisson Blu hotels to be a solid and consistent choice but this was the exception. My room was spacious but the fittings and furnishings were tired and old and the bed was uncomfortable. When I tried to order room service, I was told that the kitchen was too busy and that I would have to come downstairs to be served anything. I had to bring my work downstairs but it then took an hour and a half just to be served bar snacks and light food. It's literally my first experience of this ever happening and it left a really bad taste in my mouth. The breakfast was equally disappointing. The location is good and central but, apart from that, it's very difficult to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback which is very important for us. I am sorry to read that you find your stay disappointing in many ways, but we will use your feedback for further improvements.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure in seeing you again in the hotel so we can have a chance to change your impression of the hotel. Please feel free to send me an e-mail; gm.scandinavia.oslo@radissonblu.com.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Always friendly,great breakfast. reasonable value for an Oslo city centre hotel,good shop inhouse if you ened anything,beers not badly priced,some rooms tired now you take a chance,centrally located and easy wlaking distance to City centre, bus to airport cheap and simple to use, runs all night so always on hand to make a flight

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Dave,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and our services offered. We are aware that some of our rooms are a bit tired, so it is a pleasure to inform you that as from May 2014 we will start renovation of some of our rooms. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

We do hope to see you back in the hotel soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel is very close to the Royal palace. Not any great meal options except the breakfast is included with the room (at least on our contract) and is very excellent. Walking distance to much in the city and only a block from the main bus/subway station in Oslo. The rooms are typical small European rooms, but nicely furnished. The ability to block out light is about a 7. Small convenience store built into lobby helps (you can buy subway tickets there). Wifi is pretty decent.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bo,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with your stay and our services offered.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel not too far in a distance.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

When you're headed into Oslo from the airport, you should take the train. Taxis in Oslo have 'variable' rates. Last time I was there (a year ago), I took a taxi in at around $110; a friend who traveled there spend nearly $200 getting to the city a couple months later. The express train is safe, quicker than a cab (especially in rush hours), and you can take a taxi to your hotel from the centrally-located station. This hotel would've gotten a 'very good' rating from me for the last trip, but this time they put me in a room on the top floor. Good, right? Not really......the upscale bar is on that floor as well, and there were people in the hall making a lot of noise well after midnight. The room itself was fine but has seen its better days. I will likely stay there again based on the earlier trip, but won't be taking a room on the top floor. Oh, and for those who enjoy a libation, they don't do double shots in Oslo, and they're VERY careful about only pouring a single shot into a glass.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Matt,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback which we will use for further improvements. I am sorry to read about the noise you experienced in the hallway outside your room. Sometimes we do have people in the hallway as they are leaving our Sky Bar. I am glad to hear that you will return and we will be more than pleased to offer you a room on a different floor next time.

I look forward in welcoming you back soon.