“Rooms a little worn”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
Ranked #41 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The location of the hotel is fairly central.

Check-in was in friendly and efficient, in line with other hotels in the chain.

My room was a good size and clean. However, the rooms are a little worn and could do with some re-decoration. Additionally, the double bed was two beds strapped together which, along with a duvet that was two thirds of the size of the bed, didn't leave me with the best night sleep.

A big negative for me, which if I was staying longer would be enough to reduce my overall rating, was that there were no tea making facilities in the room. This is a minimum requirement for hotels today and you shouldn't have to pay for an upgrade to have them.

The room service was efficient and the food was in line with expectations.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My initial room on 17th floor had badly marked walls and hair on the showerhead, so I asked for, and was promptly given a business class room on the 16th. Both rooms were small and the new room had holes in the wall covered with masking tape. I was told that rooms are being renovated, and not before time.

The rooms themselves were clean though but a bathrobe had a 20cm tear in the seam, not exactly a mark of quality.

The Summit bar (great views over Oslo) has a very poor selection of drinks for what should be such an attraction. When I visited it and went to sit at a small table, it reeked of stale beer and the seats were stained.

Far better Radisson hotels to be found in Oslo at the Plaza or out at Nydalen.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms only!
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stay at this hotel at least once a month for business, last time we forgot a pair of designer jeans that now do not exist, we know exactly where in the room we forgot it but the staff could not find them they say. Do not stay here as staff is not honest and steel at the first chance they get.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kim B
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel offered a particularly good breakfast and service. I forgot a book there yet they were kind enough to post it to my office address. The room itself is standard-looking (i.e. if you go to another hotel in their chain, there is a big chance it will look the same). Yet the view from our room was really nice !

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view (i.e. high floor)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014

VERY NICE STAFF!! Worn Down room, Nice bathroom, really uncomfy bed. The hotel has a really good brekfast and it brings the score up. Again, Nice staff but your value for Money as a whole is NOT good.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to see that you appreciated our good service. We are aware that some of our rooms are a bit outdated. Therefore it is a pleasure to inform you that we will start renovation of some of our rooms shortly. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I hope that we will be able to see you again next time your travels bring you to Oslo.

Kind regards,
Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel 2 nights during weekend. I had a Business Class room at 10th floor. It had a great view over the city. The location is perfect - few minutes from top attractions on foot, easy transport to/from airport. The reception was very nice and helpful - I got a late check-out at 5pm.
Breakfast buffet was superb. The pool and sauna was ok. Water was not very cold.
The size of the room is ok, bathroom is rather small, cosmetics were provided.

The hotel is ideal for city break

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Maxima,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you were satisified with the hotel and the services offered. I will gladly share your comments with my colleagues.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back sometime soon.

kind regards,
Thomas Stene, General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Excellent front desk assistance. Surprisingly good pasta on room service menu (when I came on a late flight). Good/cheap connection to the airport (shuttle). Excellent central location. As a business traveler, couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the hotel and the services offered.

I hope that we wil be able to welcome you back not too far in the distance.

Kind regards,