“Nice service, awful rooms”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
Ranked #39 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Nice service, awful rooms”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

The lobby area is very smart. I didn't eat in the hotel but the food looked good, and the service from the bars was good.

The rooms are awful. Very dated, very worn. It was quiet and I found the bed comfortable, maybe I was lucky.

I have stayed in 4 different hotels in Oslo now and each and every one is worn and dated.

This was not what I expected from radisson however.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with our service. I know that some of our rooms are a bit outdated, hence we will start renovating some of our rooms shortly. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Just standard hotel really, came in ah dandy for my business trip could always see it standing out from wherever I was I. City, as it's one the taller buildings in Oslo, service was friendly, rooms just average bu the views from room were pleasant agai. Due to height of room and hotel has a nice bar at the top of hotel which is worth checking out, I didn't eat In restaurant but room service was good quality, felt it still on pricey side for a hotel that's just average but it is Oslo, it does the job, won't blow anybody away though unless you don't go out often...

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear David,,
Thank you very much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you chose to stay with us when visiting Oslo. We are aware that some of our rooms are a bit outdated, hence we will start a renovation of some of our rooms this summer. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Thomas Stene, General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The room was dirty, old and even some elements broken (The wardrobe had no ceiling so you could see all the water pipes and A/C stuff). Certainly not what you would expect from this hotel and not for the room rate charged. Very disappointing I have to say

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Mayte,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We are aware that some of our rooms are a bit outdated, hence we will start renovation of some of our rooms this summer. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel should your travels bring you back to Oslo.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Travellers are raving about these Oslo hotels

København, Denmark
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Radisson Scandinavia has a formidable location with good views (if directed towards the fjord and high up). The state of the hotel is good, with a good bar at the top, however the rooms are not renovated to the level expected of a business hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Richard,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are aware that some of our rooms are a bit outdated, hence we will start a renovation of some of our rooms as from May 2014. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

Thomas Stene, General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Every piece of furniture in my room was banged up. The tiles were broken in the barroom, beneath think. The hallway carpeting looked old and ratty. The wood along the hallways also banged up. Dirt encrusted on walls and desks. Breakfast room spoon had dirt on it, a film across half the spoon. I asked for an 830 am wake up call. It never came. Hotel gets two stars instead of one because reception staff early and late were cheerful, and it has a great central location. But basically, it's time for a complete makeover. Please note that colleague in top floor had similar complaints,and he never complains about anything. This hotel cannot be fixed without room by room and hallway by hallway renovation followed by deep, deep clean.

1 Thank Gabriel_Winter
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was staying a night at this hotel for a business trip. the room (722) was not worth the Radisson standard. Old bath full of hairs and dust, stinking. The bed was not comfortable and the covers of the lamps were already distroyed. I would never stay in this hotel again. It may be that there are better rooms int his hotel, but I would not take this risk again next time. At least a clean room in a so named 4star hotel has to be a must.......

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for 2 nights. Came in very late. Stayed in a very bad room. Was very tired to complain. The room was more than outdated. It must have been renovated last in the 70s. More importantly the mattress was very old and worn out. The latter completely unacceptable for a Radisson. For any hotel more than 2 stars really. I was given a much better room the next day. But come on now...we have to be asking for the obvious: a decent bed? If they don't guarantee a renovated room for you, avoid at all costs.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank George P
Dear George,
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We are aware that some of our rooms are a bit outdated, so it is a pleasure to inform you that as from June onwards we will start renovating some of our rooms. We will then be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Oslo.