“Business trip”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
Ranked #37 of 103 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I wanted to experience how was the Radisson Blu service, since it is one of the most expensive hotels in the area I assume that it would be extremely good, however I had to expend about 10 minutes in the reception before someone noticed that there was a cue growing up in the front desk and came out of the office to attend the public. carpets in the hallway to the rooms seem to need an upgrade (discolored). The room was standard compared to other hotels in the area. However the bathroom seems to be old (something about the color of the ceramic and the type of toilet gave me this impression). The water temperature regulator wasn't working properly, so I had either hot or cold water, but couldn't reach a comfortable temperature for me. The curtains were not sufficiently thick, so very early in the morning the room was bright enough to wake me up (3-4 am) and consequently not being able to sleep properly afterwards. Meaning that I spent the rest of the day yawning and drowsy during work. Breakfast was OK, just the standard for any hotel, nothing to highlight.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Silje H, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear guest,
thank you for reaching out on TripAdvisor and sharing your experience from your recent stay with us.
Your feedback is very important to us and we are therefore concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.
I will make sure that your feedback is shared internally to make corrective actions where required. Please feel free to contact us directly should you wish to discuss these concerns further.
We hope that we can accommodate you again. Welcome back to us.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,343)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good hotel in a very good location, great view. Not too much noise from traffic, but some. Nice staff. Many restaurants around the hotel. However, the breakfast does not Reach normal Norwegian standard.

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us.
We are excited to read to that you are fond of our hotel and the location, however, we are naturally disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy the breakfast buffet.

I hope to be able to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to Oslo.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

1. Smallest hotel room I've ever seen despite the fact I added money to get a superior standard. 2. Not clean, peanuts and other on floor 3. No extra pillows in room. Have back problem and need extra pillow. Ordered it in reception but never recieved any. 4. Have a very valuble (both emotionally- and money wise) wristwatch and follow the advice in hotel info to not leave it in room during evening out. Checked it in reception and got confirmation that it would go into the safe and it would still be there when i got back. When back same night I asked for it and no one (desk clerk and night manager) knew anything about it. It turned out they found it in an envelope right on the desk in reception. Anyone could have taken it within a second. Point 1-3 above would be ok in some sort of "bad hotel stay", but the no 4 is simply inexcusable and will reflect on my personal- and company hotel bookings in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fredrik A

Dear Fredrik,

Thank you for giving us your feedback which gives us an opportunity to improve ourselves.
We regret to hear that our service did not meet your expectations and that they found your wristwatch in an envelope right on the desk in reception.

If we get the opportunity, we would be excited to welcome you back to give you a good experience.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights, my husband was on business and I tagged along. The room was nice we were in a business room on the 17th floor, nice size bathroom, and a decent hair dryer compared to the radisson we stayed in stockholm! The breakfast was a bit average, fruit a but chewy. A good location to walk into the main part of Oslo, also close by to the palace and park. Used the gym, which is In the basement, quite small but does the job. Enjoyed Oslo a nice city.

1  Thank suzy6626

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review from your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were overall satisfied with the hotel and the services. I appreciate your comments which I will share with my staff in order to further improve the services.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

No sound proof between the rooms.

Went to lobby to complain twice. First time manager said that he will send the security to see what is happening. After 35 minutes he said he sent the security he he will do it again. We met the security and he told me that he just got the message. The receptionist ( some kind of manager) started to YELL to me. We asked his managers name for further contact but he YELLED that his the night manager and that is all what we get. NEVER met so rude staff!

Condition of this hotel: place is falling apart.

What was good: breakfast and good bed... when you were able to get sleep...

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank vemari75

Dear Guest,

We regret to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. This is indeed not the service standard at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel and an immediate investigation have been conducted for further improvement.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

After a couple of nights in Thon Europa just across the road, we decided to switch to Radisson Blu. It was the best decision ever. We followed the advice here on tripadvisor and asked for a renovated room, which we got. The room was tastefully decorated and best of all, the bathroom was spacious and new! It was a real treat after having endured the smallest of bathrooms at the Thon. The bed was also extremely comfortable, and best of all, we got a room with an amazing view of Oslo (12th floor). The best part was that it wasn't much more expensive than the other hotels in Oslo. The breakfast selection was also the best we've had in Norway.

Yes, there are some problems For example, the swimming pool could do with some renovations, but the fact is that there is one, unlike many hotels. Ultimately, the location is unbeatable, and you get quality sleep and showers. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room and on a high floor for great views.

Dear guest,

thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience from your stay with us - we highly appreciate your great feedback! We are pleased to hear about all the positive elements that you have highlighted about our hotel..

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to us!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for a few days on our way up to Tromso to take a cruise up to Svalbard. Room was not ready when we got there but we knew that was likely to happen as our flight got in early. However the reception staff were very helpful and arranged for our luggage to be looked after while we went for a stroll. Hotel is very close to the Royal Palace gardens and not far from the Palace itself. Also not far to walk to the centre of Oslo the shops and the waterfront. (About 20 minutes walk)
We had a Business Class room. Not absolutely sure what difference this makes. Very pleasant, reasonable size room with a good size bathroom. Spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee making facilities provided in room (Nespresso). There were two chairs in the room but neither was especially comfortable. There was also free wi fi, which worked at a reasonable speed. Breakfast was also included and was a good hotel buffet breakfast with plenty of choice of both hot and cold food.
My only real complaint was that although there was in theory a Business Centre there was no way I could print my SAS Boarding Passes as there were apparently no printers connected to the network. Surprising for such a big hotel with many businessmen staying.

Room Tip: Try and get a room as high up the hotel as possible. Although we were on the 10th floor there was st...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple