Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
US$270
US$254
Citybox Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$94
Scandic St. Olavs plass(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$199
US$182
US$166
ClarionCollection
  • Breakfast included
Scandic Holmenkollen Park(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$411
US$398
  • Breakfast included
Saga Hotel Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$171
Agoda.com
US$234
US$177
Travelocity
2,397 results
All reviewssummit barroyal palacetop floorrefurbished roomairport busbusiness roomnational theatrerooftop barthird floortram stopbreakfast buffetdowntown oslogreat breakfastcentral locationcity hallaker bryggepublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We returned to the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel and had an even worse experience than we had the previous week. We asked for a room with A/C as the temperature outside had just reached 91 degrees. Yes, Scandinavia and northern Europe were experiencing the highest temperatures in decades but hotels should plan for eventualities. Specially international chains.

They gave us a room with A/C - it dribbled out of a 5" round hole over the entrance passageway. We called and they sent someone to look it over - "that is all the air that is going to come out" - the room did not have an individual unit - just the hotel unit on the roof - above the 23 floor - over everyone's head.

We had purchased our own fan and they brought us a small black one to help out. Not much help.

The room was very poorly maintained, the white paint was chipped, the wallpaper is torn and pulling from wall, the carpet is very old, faded and no nap and was FILTHY!
Some lights did not work, the Mini Bar dirty and filthy.

BUT, I must write that ALL the PEOPLE we dealt with were fantastic. Front desk, luggage, dining room (made a special coffee), and the service individuals. Best we have seen in Norway and for much of Europe. They really worked hard, smiled and tried to help us - unfortunately the hotel is very run down.

This may be due to the tour groups that come through the hotel every day. When we were there this time there were 13 large tour busses parked in front.

Room Tip: Hope that it is not hot and they have a clean room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank vicbrasil
Thomas S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you so much for your honsest feedback. It is disappointing to hear that the room did not meet with your expectations. I'll share your feedback with the team here and rest assured, we'll take your comments on board and where possible, look to make improvements.
We are currently renonvation some of our most outdated rooms, so when completed we will be able to offer new and modern rooms to our guests.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

First time in Oslo we picked this hotel for the location , was very easy to visit all the sites everything was walking distance and the tram (light rail ) was a block away and we were able to go all over very easy the room are nice and comfy and the best part was breakfast with a big selection of fruits and vegetables chess cold cuts and different juices coffee and of course eggs (hard boiled, scramble and fried with bacon excellent experience .

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Alberto,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us.
Reviews like this make it all worhtwile. We are so pleased that you had a great stay and really hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Hotel is not great, but price is OK.

So, reasonable value. Staff is very helpful, and the area is nice if you like to walk through the park in front of the palace.

We avoided the restaurant and went to a small place behind the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of you recent stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel Sunday, June 22 by complete mix up that turned out to be fantastic!

Radisson Blu Scandinavia's location is great because you are close enough to all the sites without having the 'touristy congestion' outside your hotel. It is in walking distance to the Royal Palace, Parliament, Frogner Park, Oslo's First Theater, Oslo Museums, historic churches, etc., as well as plenty of places to eat.

HELPFUL SUGGESTION: I learned this too late on my trip.
The 1st thing you do when you check in is to see the concierge & get the transportation "Pass" for buses, trams, trains. It is well worth the cost. Especially if you are staying for a couple of days & will be going to the Viking Museum which is on one side of Oslo, and then heading to the Opera House the next day. Traveling 'a la carte' is VERY EXPENSIVE! I regret not doing this. Also, if you buy your bus or tram tickets at a "Deli de Luca" (mini market & deli) you will be paying 30 kroner vs. the 50 kroner you would be paying on the bus or tram! Ask around because there are places you can get bus/tram passes.

While I was on the tram heading for the Scandinavia, I was asking someone "what stop do I get off?" It just so happens the person next to me was getting off and heading to the hotel also. He told me to go with him and he even CARRIED MY LUGGAGE! (This is Norway, I felt Completely SAFE! Everyone is super friendly & helpful!) To my surprise, the person helping me was the Night Manager @ the Radisson Blu Scand! (I forgot his name, but he was a very tall, handsome, young man & extremely helpful to me!) He asked me to wait while he got settled; he checked me in & even upgraded me to Business Class on the higher floors at no additional cost! I still can't believe he carried my luggage around the corner to the Hotel from the Tram Stop.

The room was clean, w/ a touch of Andy Warhol design. The bathroom was modern with a huge shower! Big flat screen TV mounted on the wall. Free breakfast is served on the lobby level. (Same type of food as the other Radisson I stayed at (Plaza) .. I only wish they served more Vegetarian friendly food.) Staff is friendly and helpful w/directions.

Great hotel w/fantastic views! Wish I was back there now!

Gina M., New York, USA

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for the positive comments, it means a lot to the team and I know our hard works pays off. We'd love to see you bak in the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was in a great location, and because of the height of the building, you could see it from many different locations. We were able to walk to many attractions, and the public transportation system in Oslo is great. The breakfast was great. The staff at the front desk were nice, but there never seemed to be enough staff around and lines could get long. The hotel is undergoing renovation, so during the day we heard some banging. We were upgraded to a nicer room and it was big (for European standards.) The only real problem we had was it was very hot in Oslo the week we were there, and the air conditioning was woefully inadequate. The first night our room was unbearably hot. We asked for and were given a fan the next day, and that helped, but it was still a little problematic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positive comments which I will for sure share with my team. I am sorry about the noise, but we are currently undergoing a renovation of some of our rooms and unfortunately it is difficult to avoid some noise. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back sometime in the near future.