“enjoyable stay”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
Ranked #39 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good location. Friendly staff. Comfortable standard rooms. In the upper part you have a splendid view over the City and the surrounding landscape. A range of sightseeing top spots are within easy access by foot. The SAS transfer bus to the airport serves the hotel, and has its terminal right outside.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Silje H, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us, appreciate it very much. I am very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the hotel and its services.

I do hope to see you back in the hotel in the near future.

Thomas Stene,General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Write a ReviewReviews (2,291)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I finally stayed at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel in Oslo, without knowing it was a 5-star hotel. When getting my room number from the check-in staff, I honestly was a little bit disappointed with the third floor, as I was hoping for a higher floor with a view of the city. But when I opened the door, I noticed that this room was a newly renovated room with a large window from side to side. When opening the window, there's a large terrace which could be fun in the summer.

The room has many facilities: a huge flatscreen TV, a desk with a special seat, another table and seat, an iron and board, a safe, minibar, coffee- and tea-making facilities and an extra electric heater. The bathroom was of a descent size, with a large shower and lots of free toiletries like shampoos, conditioners and creams with special scents. The bed was very comfortable too. If you're someone who needs more than one pillow to sleep on, there are two extra large pillows stored in the cabinet. For people who find it important to have TV-channels in their own language: there are Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, English, Spanish, German and even Japanese channels. It actually was really fun to watch a Japanese channel in Norway...

On the ground level, there's an entrance leading to the large gym, sauna and pool. The gym has lots of equipment, facing the large flatscreen TV where you can watch anything you like. The size of the swimming pool is okay, not really large, but I don't think you should be expecting the size of a public swimming pool under a hotel anyway... The sauna is located in the shower area and can be fun to get into before or after you took a swim.

After having a nice sleep, the breakfast area opened at 6:30 am. There's even a "breakfast on the go" which starts at 4 am, for people who need to catch their early morning flight. The breakfast area is located in the "Brasserie" part of the hotel and offers a very large breakfast. There are more than ten different hot dishes, twenty cold cuts, many sorts of fruits and some delicious pastries. I couldn't get my hands off the Danish pastry. It's not the typical Danish pastry you can find at the bakery or supermarket; it really had a different taste and crunchy feel.

In other words, I really had a good time at this hotel and will be coming back. I would also highly recommend it to everyone. The combination of the friendly and helpful staff, the renovated rooms, the pool, sauna, gym and the great breakfast really matches the 5-star rating.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Fjordstrom

Dear guest,

thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience from your stay with us - we highly appreciate your great feedback! We are pleased to hear about all the positive elements that you have highlighted about our hotel. Positive reviews like your helps the team staying motivated and delivering our 'Yes I can' philosophy.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to us!

Thomas Stene, General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Reviewed 18 August 2014

this hotel has walking distance to most things in the center of oslo.

Rooms are beeing refurbished as we speak so remember to ask for a newq room and with an Oslofjord viuw , thats just amazing.

Inot available the city viuw is allso very nice , with Holmenkoillen ski jump up in the hill.

Very nice breakfast

Very good and friendly service

Very easy to get to and from with public transportation, car or by airport express bus.

easily recommended

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We could not be happier to read that you had a great stay in our hotel.

We hope to see you soon – Welcome back to us!

Thomas Stene, General Manager, Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo

Reviewed 17 August 2014

When we get to our room and opened the door, there alredy wher people in the room,
We backed out very fast & just then a securityman came. So we take the elevator down to the frontdesk. They appolugise and we get a new room. We got a better room!
There is one thing I didn't like. On breakfast there was nothing for people ho has diabetes.
I asked absolut it. And the answer I get was that I had to order it when I booked the room.
I could't read anything about it online!! And I booked it online!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback which is very important for us.
I am sorry to read that you find your breakfast buffet disappointing and we are therefore concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations.

We will make sure that your feedback is shared internally to make corrective actions where required. Please feel free to contact us directly should you wish to discuss these concerns further.

We hope that we can accommodate you again. Welcome back to us.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Location is very good as you can walk from there to metro, sightseeing bus, park, palace, the main drag,. Only 1.4km from bus terminal and train station.
We spent a weekend here. Front desk staff was just great. Could not have asked for better.
Maid service needs to be worked on to improve. We used the pool and it was good as well.
Would definetly stay there again if I return to Oslo

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review from your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were overall satisfied with the hotel and the services.

I hope to be able to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to Oslo.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have been stayed at this hotel twice. To stay at this hotel is always my first choice if I go to Oslo. The location is the first reason. It is located near the palace, Oslo Historical Museum and shopping walk. So you will just go around by foot, no need to buy transport tickets during your stay. Good services and tasty breakfast are the next reasons. They will help you to certain that you are satify towards their services. If you are coming to Oslo by plane, no need to worry because airport bus just stops and takes you from the front of the hotel, easy and practical. Try to go to floor 21, where the skybar of the hotel located. It has a good view of Oslo.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a family room (for my wife and me plus our 6yr old) and were given a room with 2 single beds and a terrible sofa bed, which really wasn't fit for purpose and not safe for small children. We asked for another room and were offered a room on the 16th floor that was very old and tatty. We stayed in the first room but asked for a second mattress, which never arrived (they did bring a second duvet).

There was no kettle or drinks making facility in the room. The staff brought things promptly but what we had in the room changed on a daily basis - one day nothing, the next a kettle, cups and glasses, and the next day only glasses. The staff were generally helpful but we were told the hotel was at capacity so they couldn't do much. The beds were ok but the pillows were terribly soft and needed bath towels to support them (a personal preference maybe).

On our last night at the hotel roadworks outside started sometime around 1am and continued for much of the night (not the hotels responsibility of course). It sounded like giant robots fighting outside the room, which wasn't as entertaining as it may sound! Ultimately we were happy to leave.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for reaching out on Tripadvisor and sharing your experience from your recent stay with us.
Your feedback is very important to us and we are therefore concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure in seeing you again in the hotel so we can have a chance to change your impression of the hotel. Please feel free to send me an e-mail; gm.scandinavia.oslo@radissonblu.com.