“Pleasant in Oslo”

Ranked #48 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Kiruna
“Pleasant in Oslo”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The hotel is very good located close to most obvious travel spots in Oslo. If you come via the airport, the place to get off is Nationaltheatret. From there, the hotel is about 650 meters away. The hotel has a smiley atmosphere and the staff was very welcoming. It provides most features needed when being on a business trip, including free Internet. I got a room facing Holbergs plass and gate (but you mainly see the Radisson Blu Scandinavia hotel – which I have stayed in several times, so the view was just opposite – seeing in instead of out :-)). The room was ok, although somewhat small. When I checked in they offered a cheap upgrade to get a Superior room. Since I only planned to really sleep, I didn’t bother. Most elements were as expected, including breakfast. The breakfast area was though somewhat small meaning that you might not be able to get your own table if you come at peak time. The TV channels promised Swedish SVT. The set had it preprogrammed but these were not viewable. I admit, I should have complained but at least I do not usually bother about small faults. It was though annoying. The main reason why I picked the hotel was pricing. I paid less than 1 000 NOK for a night. The Radisson was closer to 1 500 NOK. Pricing aside, the hotel is quite ok. So, it will most likely be a safe choice provided the pricing is right and you are not too much into SVT.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Mehus, General Manager at Scandic Holberg, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to review Rica Holberg Hotel here on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is valuable for us.

The problem with the Swedish TV channels is now fixed and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope we will be seeing you again soon.

Kristian Fredrik Mehus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Finnish first
anywhere
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, great staff, very convenient (right across the street at the Radisson Blu) from the last SAS flybussen (airport bus), good sized room, very good price - and great if travelling with pets. Great location as well - about 500 meters to the Royal Palace, Historical Museum, National Gallery and National Theatre. Will be staying here again when back in Oslo!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of Rica Holberg Hotel and we are extremely happy that you had a nice stay with us.

I will forward your feedback to the rest of the hotel team. Positive feedback inspires us to do even better in the future.

We do look forward to see you again on your next visit to Oslo and please to not hesitate to contact me for any enquiries you may have.

Buenos Aires
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The bad point: DON'T RELY ON THE WAKE-UP CALLS!!! I asked for a wake-up call 3 times and only one I got to be woken up!
The good points: First, the BREAKFAST. Varied and plenty of good food, including fish of course. The waiters were very attentive and nice. I stayed for five days, and it was OK. Wi-fi in the room but mind you: no safe (at least in my room) where to keep valuables. Central location.
The tip: From the airport, take the SAS bus that leaves you at the Radisson Blue hotel in Holberg Street instead of taking the train. It's 2 minutes' walk from the Rica Holberg, crossing the street.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of Rica Holberg Hotel and I am extremely happy that you had a nice stay with us. A good night sleep and a good start of the day with our "Good Morning" breakfast buffet.

Our breakfast gives you energy for the rest of the day and includes freshly squeezed juice with exciting ingredients, nutritious cereals, our own fresh bread and our popular hot smoked salmon with cocoa and chili. Our marmalade with blackcurrant and vanilla is recommended for those who want a sweet ending to their breakfast. And yes, you are allowed to eat eggs and bacon too!

During your stay we experienced some problems with our telephone service due to a major fault from our telecom provider. The fault was resolved within 24 hours but unfortunately we did experience some further issues regarding the internal communications between our systems. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we are sorry that we could not provide you with better information during your stay with us.

We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Oslo and we are looking forward to your return.

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Good location, just across the last stop of SAS buss from the Airport. Great breakfast, especially the fruits and freshly squeezed juices. The staff at the lobby is great, very helpful and friendly. The only problem…bathroom is too small, (including toilet), very very small… very uncomfortable

So, maximum of stay 2 days

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel has different sized bathrooms and we recommend you to ask us on arrival if you would like a larger sized room. We also offer an upgrade for a small extra charge.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to your return on your next visit to Oslo.

Best Regards
Sandnes, Norway
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Booked twice, but the first time they were overbooked, and we were directed to another hotel. This time they offered an upgrade to a bigger room for a small amount. Quite, clean room. Short walk to the train station with direct train to airport

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to review us here on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is valuable for us.

Orkney
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Centrally located - just where the airport bus stops and a short walk from the harbour/shops/museums. Excellent breakfasts, friendly service - it is the first time I've ever been asked whether I was content with a shower or would prefer a bath, and I appreciated that. My room was not large, but it was plenty big enough, everything seemed very modern. There was a 'pillow menu'. I did hear the trams, but never noticed them through the night so if they did run they were not loud. Plenty of places to eat around and about.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Rica Hotels is committed to do our best to make you sleep well with us. We are now offering a pillow menu in all our rooms. With five different pillow options we want you to choose the pillow that fits you best.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights during the middle of the week. Not the largest room in the world nor the biggest bathroom but very comfortable, warm and quiet - the very thick door helps. I was offered a room at the front or the quieter back. In fact the only sounds you can hear from the front are the trams which aren't that noisy and the room had a small balcony. Breakfast is good with a good range of cold and hot food. Very welcoming and helpful front-desk staff. Good location for the city centre and close to a park. Walking distance to the Opera House railway station which serves the airport. It is, though, quicker to use the stairs than the lift!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

I will forward your comments to my colleagues at the front desk, positive feedback is important for us to achieve even better.