Scandic Victoria
US$309
  • Pool
Comfort Hotel Boersparken(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$153
US$188
US$167
US$261
US$230
US$553
  • Breakfast included
Saga Hotel Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$175
US$178
Hotwire.com
Scandic St. Olavs plass(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$188
ScandicHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Youngstorget(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$109
Priceline
  • Fitness centre
US$201
TripAdvisor
1,009 results
All reviewsgreat locationcity hallaker bryggewalking distancecentral locationgreat breakfastnice hoteltrain stationair conditioningnational theatrekarl johans gategood sizefree wifimain attractionsbreakfast buffetthe main streetcomfortable room
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Excellent hotel, close to train station and habour. Clean, very fairly priced and helpful staff. Complimentary breakfast is probably the best I have ever had! No question that I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Rica Victoria. The room was smallish but comfortable and clean (I had to climb up on the bed to get around my husband's chair when he was at the desk). The mattress was too soft (at least my half of the bed) and seemed to slant toward the middle. The shower leaked (couldn't prevent leakage outside the door despite our efforts to ensure the door was closed properly). The breakfast buffet was amazing -- wonderful food and assorted beverages. Service was either really great or strangely unhelpful (depending on who was at the desk). When we first arrived we asked about dining options and we were told we could order take-out from our room. Many open dining establishments were within steps from us and open for business on the evening we arrived. We thought it odd that the woman at the desk seemed to not be willing to share this obvious information. The gentleman that helped us check out in the wee hours of the morning could not have been more delightful -- he even went to fetch us coffee from the closed dining room to help us get on our way! The elevators (2) were very very small and often had long lines with groups waiting with bags to get to their rooms. All in all, though, we had a good experience and the location is great.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Location is fine, it has a nice atrium and breakfast area but that is all. But reception is slow, rooms not as clean as you would expect (filthy remote by example...), no free wi-fi, central ventilation/ aircondition which you cannot shut down or control in any way! To be fair they did offer me another room when I complained that I could not sleep on the first they put me in because of the noise and the drought on my head.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jkomis
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I think the hotel, room, breakfast were all very good. The only negative thing I have about them is the blackout drapes aren't blackout and when sunset is after 10pm and sunrise before 0430...
Now the garage...I had an unfortunate experience with a corner in the garage. I've been living in Europe for almost 6 months and have seen some tiny spaces, but this one is the absolute worst. And the parking was 680 SEK ($103) for 3 nights.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room away from the street and got a room right on the main street with lots of harley davidson motorcycles going by to get to Karl Johansgate. Ask for a room overlooking the dining room to avoid this.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CJ J
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The Rica Victoria is in a good location--right near the water, the Nobel Museum and Akershus Fortress. Nearly a straight shot on Karl Johansgate from the train station. Good area for cafes and restaurants, free internet in the lobby. The bathroom was spacious and even though we had a street view, it was quiet. The breakfast spread was hands down the was the best of this trip, which took us to Stockholm (2 hotels), Oslo and Bergen.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family