“Good Food - Service Needs Lot of Improvement”
Review of New Delhi

New Delhi
Ranked #263 of 1,592 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: New Delhi is run by the Singh family from Punjab in Northern India. Punjabi cuisine makes up a good portion of the menu, but New Delhi serves food from all parts of India. The Punjabi kitchen is characterised by its love of fresh herbs and vegetables.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We visited the place on Saturday evening. From the food standpoint you wont be disappointed. The quantity and quality of the food is good. Priced decent for Oslo standards.

They are not equipped to handle the weekend crowd at all. You only have handful of waiters who struggle to keep the guests attentive. It took a while to get the water, we ordered extra naan and it took 20 mins to reach which is not acceptable at all. In summary dont miss this place but be prepared to walk out with bit of disappointment on the service

2  Thank Vijays

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife had the roghan josh, it was bland; with none of the complexity associated associated with this Classic Indian dish. I had the chilli tikka masala, that was a mistake; the heat in the curry was the green chillies in the dish. The portions were substantial. I note that other diners had more positive experiences then I, possibly we choose the wrong dishes

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is definitely one of the best indian restaurants in Oslo. I've been here 4-5 times and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

EAT HERE.... You won't be disappointed I promise! This is the classiest place I've ever eaten at for Indian food with about the same prices of other Indian restaurants.
I love Indian food but this makes my expectations way higher.
Clean and authentic. Very attentive wait staff. We did not have to wait long for our food. Adequate food portions (don't expect a take home box of food):-) One of the best Indian restaurants I've ever enjoyed, and I've eaten at plenty. Will be back!

1  Thank RAVIBAGADIA
Reviewed 21 May 2014

One of the best places to experience Indian gastronomical delights! The ambiance was delightful and full of joie de vivre and the staff could not put a foot wrong. Some might feel the restaurant is unnecessarily loud, but the buzz in the air is what makes the restaurant hot and happening. We ordered murg kebab, paneer tikka, prawn masala and cocktails. This took quite a kick on our wallets but the food was definitely worth it. Make sure you reserve a table, beforehand, because the place is always jam-packed!