“Wonderful lunch”

Lille B
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I have had lunch at Lille B a couple of times, and every time the food and the service has been outstanding. I think it might be the best lunch in Oslo.

But even this gourmet heaven has som minor flaws; prices are high, and the servings are quite small (great if you are on a diet), the atmosphere is sort of formal - and the restaurant is located a bit off pist (15 minute walk from city center).

But still; If you like really good food, wonderful service, and have no money problems, I would deeply recommend this place.

1  Thank bjoenn

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We had lunch on Saturday in Lille B, booking the table in the morning of the same day. Lovely lady confirmed over the phone that we could get a table at 13:00.
We got a set of 5 course menu (~600NOK), absolutely wonderful food and presentation, very nice waitresses. I would recommend crab starter and apple desert (with special emphasis to caramel), but everything else was also very good.
It got busy by 14:00 (kitchen closes at 15:00)
Overall we highly recommend the place.

1  Thank AnaKuz
Reviewed 8 November 2013

It was a quite quiet Friday evening in the end of September when I had a lovely meal with a friend at Lille B. I haven't eaten here before so cannot compare the food we had to that of the previous chef but I think the food quality was very good. It was mainly basic nordic ingredients used. Simple tastes but in pretty innovative combinations. The price for 5 courses is reasonable to be in this part of Oslo. Especially the wines provided are a very good price/quality ratio.

1  Thank 252Lill
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I've been to this restaurant 4 times before and yesterday was the worst i've experienced there. Don't get me wrong it was very good however in my opinion it used to be fantastic! Last time I was here(winter 2012) I would say it was the best value food in the whole of Oslo. Now however it's just another good restaurant. I heard something about a new chef, but the only thing I know for sure is that the menu is changed, and for the worse. I like the concept of the new menu, but not what it contains compared to the old one. The concept is that the portions are small and you need to order atleast 2 or 3 of them so you get get a more varied sense of the cuisine which is nordic. It would have been great if the food was the way it used to be, but alas it is not.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I love the concept of being a seperated neighbour to the famous Bagatelle, and I love the restaurant's passion for fresh ingredients, high quality meat, a small but temptating menu and of course a modern atmosphere.

I went with friends, and everything was very good. I cannot point out any of my negative experiences at all. However, as I am not a fine diner, and considered the fact that I was temptated with the down-to-earth concept, I was not satisfied. The food was delicious, the service close to perfect and the overall experience very good - but I expect larger portions and less fine dining. What is the concept? Fine dining or down to earth? Now it is somewhere in between.