“Good italian food, by real italians.”
Review of Trattoria Popolare

Trattoria Popolare
Ranked #78 of 1,570 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Italian trattoria in a historic Schou's brewery building at the lower end of Grünerlokka. Informal atmosphere over two floors. Trattoria Popolare is inspired by authentic Italian cuisine, with fresh ingredients and pure flavors. The menu offers antipasti, fresh pasta made ​​in-house, classic Northern Italian dishes and simple dishes from Southern Italy. The wine list contains over 600 wines from all over Italy. Reservations can be made for upstairs tables for Tuesday-Saturday, but downstairs is drop-in only.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Popolare is a place that makes you feel like in Italy...the ambiance is very nice and the service is kind and fast. We had a mixed antipasti that was almost a meal, the wine by the glass was good and the main course was a legitimate italian pasta. The outdoor tables were all very busy with fun and happy people, a place for nice dinners when you have good weather.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had lunch outside, slightly busy day, but we were still served more or less immediately. Had Meal of the Day, really tasty pasta, food was quickly on the table. Decent pricing as well

1  Thank Pewalla
Reviewed 5 August 2014

love this place, in a busy area of the city, has a very good outside seating, perfect for a good beer in the sun.
Service is good, the focaccia and the olive oil are simply amazing.
But the portions are really small. I had the raviolis, choosed the big portion and I had to had more focaccia, had a dessert and even though I could have had something more...
That's the only negative point here.

I'll come back again, but done with eating, only snacks now

1  Thank TiagoCosta86
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I got there for Sunday lunch and had lovely risotto with asparagus. they serve nice home made focaccia as a starter while you wait for a meal.
The place seems to be popular with locals. I did not hear any tourists. nice outdoor setting. unfortunatelly not cheap (like whole Oslo ).

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This place showed up on google maps when I was locating my hotel. It was only a couple of minutes away and I was in the mood for Italian anyway.

Went to the drop-in room on the ground floor, and everything was quite satisfactory,
Veal Saltimbocca was reasonably authentic and a decent portion. House wine was quite drinkable, and affordable (by Norwegian standards). I'd definitely consider revisiting if I'm in Oslo again.