“Hotel Bondeheimen Oslo”
Review of Hotell Bondeheimen

Hotell Bondeheimen
Ranked #43 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 21 March 2014

First you must know that Oslo is an expensive city to visit. The price we paid per day was over $200.00. Since we were coming back with a group we thought it would be best to stay here to make our lives easier. It is centrally located with several several good restaurants in the area. The bus to the airport stops right in front of the hotel. So arriving and departing for the airport is simple. If you are over 65 tell the bus driver and you obtain the fore for half price.
We did not check out any other hotels to make a comparison on price. But there were several in the area.
If you eat at the restaurant attached tot he hotel you are given a discount of the food. They do not serve any alcoholic drinks here.

Room Tip: We faced the stores/restaurants/bars across the street. It was a weekend and the noise was very dist...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 479Bob

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My room was big and clean, and came wth a large desk and a wonderful shower. The breakfast was tasty, although the breakfast area was a bit crowded while I stayed there. Otherwise excellent. Will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank krokodilletaare
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Very very small room.
The house keeping staff are friendly and good.
The hotel is a little worn out.
But the size of the room surprised me totaly.i have never seen so small hotelroom in my life. The best thing was that the airport bus stopped just outside the door

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hotel has an excellent location in the middle of the city centre. Very reasonable prices compared to similar hotels in Oslo.
Book online, always better deals there than direct booking.
It is not a first class hotel, but clean and in good shape.
Breakfast is all what you need to start the day.

Room Tip: Not facing the streets, but the noice is not too bad except for for perhaps Fridays/Saturdays.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Photofredrik
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is at a very good central location, very close to Norwegian parliament and the main street Karl Johans Gate. There is a bus stop right at the main entrance to go to Bus Terminal or Central Station; or there's even a bus for Oslo main airport that stops right in front of the main entrance. Nearest metro station is also just couple of minutes walk away and it has 6 metro lines, so it is very convenient for getting practically anywhere.
It is very handy to have a discount for lunch and dinner at the in-house restaurant Kafistova, where the breakfast is served.

Room Tip: We liked our room on the 6th floor facing the street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GoLaLaLa
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here with our kids 9 and 6 for 3 nights. The room was surprisingly large with a bed and pull out couch for the kids. Hotel is close to Karl Johans Gate and the water. Also near Central Station if you want to take public transportation. Many restaurants and shops near by. Good breakfast buffet is included. Our only complaint was that we were there in February and the heat wasn't working! And when checking in they never told us. They gave us a small space heater the next day after we mentioned how cold our room was!
Anyway, I still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is my second stay here. I booked the hotel based on location, price (less than NOK 600), cleanliness, and safety. I spend about 150 hotel nights per year and have elite status on Marriott and Hyatt. While I'm not expecting the same standard from a Best Western the following fell way short for my expectations.

1. COLD room. To increase the heat you have to push a button, which I must have done 10 times over 3 hours. Room still cold.
2. COLD water. After a cold night I wanted a hot shower in the morning. No hot water!!!
3. COLD reception personnel. You fell that they are there to "get you" not to help you. I had forgotten my AAA card (ask me to type it in when i book the room, not after I have traveled 5,000 km). Guy seemed very happy that I could not have the discounted rate.

4. Rooms are small (mine was). It was ok as I was just spending one night alone.
5. Rooms are noisy. First time I stayed here I heard traffic noise (it is a city hotel). This time I was on 5th floor and inside. I could hear everything from neighbor room. I woke up in the middle of the night because neighbor went to bathroom.
6. Strange room layout. Bed has head towards window and away from baseboard. If you have head towards baseboard you can't see TV.
7. I don't have a PIN for my Visa card. On my last stay here the receptionist told me it is impossible to process that card and made me use another card. This time it was no problem using the card without a PIN. It seems like there is a lot of inconsistencies in the receptionist and a lot of the things which is "impossible" actually is very possible.

My original rate was NOK 576 per night which is very cheap for Oslo. After the receptionist "got me" I ended up paying NOK 650 (US $110). I asked receptionist if NOK 74 (US $12) is worth it to Best Western to lose me as a guest. His response was: "there is nothing I can do about it".

While I will not return to Best Western I think the hotel is very price competitive below NOK 600 (always expect to pay a little more after receptionist is done with you). Above NOK 600 there may be better deals.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on the inside, the other rooms are too noisy. Have all paperwork in order so y...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo