“A little underwhelming”
Review of Hotell Bondeheimen

Hotell Bondeheimen
Ranked #42 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked this for two nights in august 2014 for a visit to Oslo, and was somewhat disappointed.

We arrived in the evening to a very strong odour of fish in the reception - apparantly the restaurant next door was preparing evening service and ventilation was not doing it's job.

The room we got was only partly cleaned - bathroom floor was full of water, and the thrashscans had not been emptied. The bedlinen appeared to be changed and we had fresh towels. When we mentioned this, we got a fresh plastic bag for the thrashcan delivered to our room.

The furniture reminded me of the sleeping halls from my time in the military - servicable, squarish and functional. Except for the bed, that was large and comfortable, just a little too soft for a man of my bulk.

Breakfast quality was good, but the restaurant was quite chaotic with too many guests hitting the breakfast area at once.

While I didn't expect luxury, I did expect a clean room, and this affects my review alot.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the atrium - the noise other guests report could not be heard in our room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotell Bondeheimen

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel is in a fantastic location! The bus stop is right outside the hotel whilst the train station is only a 10 minute walk on the other side of the shopping area of Karl Johans gate.

I understand that this is probably quite an old building but the noise from the streets is easily heard and this is something I struggled with at night being quite a light sleeper. The breakfasts were not that of what I normally expect from a Best Western but none the less the staff were helpful, the hotel was clean and its location is perfect!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The location was outstanding. Right in the center. Walking distance to shopping, national theater, metro, main bus stops, the opera, boats to the island with all the museums, restaurants. For location, it was a five rating.

Otherwise, it was a nice, clean, quiet average hotel...clearly a Best Western, at which I stay often because they are always clean and adequate. They are what they try to be.

The breakfast was certainly adequate, not as varied as some places but fine. The staff was helpful. Before staying again, I would look to see whether I could get something in the satisfactory category that was less expensive. This room was a little over $200. I being Norway I recognize that I might not find something, but it was expensive enough that I would try.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Never had this problem ever, but had to change our room twice. Finally the third room was very good. The hotel staff was very accommodating, but the rooms leave a lot to be desired. The location is good, breakfast was good, but I would never stay there again. Hotel needs updating and filthy carpeting in elevators need to be changed. FYI there is no air conditioning, and when I mentioned this to the front desk he said there are only like 3 hotels in Oslo that do have a/c.
A nice touch in the hotel is that during the week after 9:30Pm they put out a crock of soup and bread in case you arrive late or just need a late snack.
Free wifi goes in and out, mostly out.
Ask for a room in the courtyard or back of the building. Totally different from the ones in front. Had I been given this room first, my review may have been different

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard or back of the building. Totally different from the ones in front. Had I be...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank valrieabd
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is situated in a good location, you can walk to any sightseeing spots and Oslo Sentral station. The airport bus stops in front of the hotel every 20 minutes. The room was clean, the breakfast was good and the staffs were so friendly and kind. Also, thier comparatively reasonable price is the best, that sounds excellent. Absolutely I want to stay this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Choose this hotel only if you need a stay near the city centre. Small noisy rooms. Felt like a truck container with the steel doors they have. Also had electricity trouble and had to wait together with the guest of the next room, for 20 minutes for someone to come up and raise the switch on the electrical panel. Consider the Thon Hotel nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fatmir S
Reviewed 5 July 2014

As part of our family vacation, we stay 3 nights is Oslo. The Bondeheimen Best Western is a great location. Walking distance to almost any thing. The service was great. The rooms were clean. Would recommend this Best Western to anyone staying in Oslo.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family