“Downtown Oslo hotel, great breakfast, service and location”
Review of Hotell Bondeheimen

Hotell Bondeheimen
Ranked #42 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We really liked this hotel - location, service, and breakfast were all great. Airport bus comes right to the door. It was walking distance to all the main attractions and the tram is right out the door.

Room Tip: Pick a room not facing the street.
1  Thank BellainBellevue
There are newer reviews for Hotell Bondeheimen

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Like every city oslo has things you must see and this hotel has a wonderful location for that. One black in fro what is center of it all but that one black brings the price down to a better value.

The hotel has no air but the windows do open and that cools the room down. Some might have problems with the street sounds so ask for a room on the 3rd floor or above. Our room was in the front side so maybe the rooms on the other side wouldn't be so bad. We did get a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was very good as were the other meals we had at the hotel all in all we were pleased with the hotel

When it was time to go back to the airport the SAS Airport bus stopped right out front too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The room was nice, the included breakfast was great, the staff was friendly, so it seemed like quite a nice place at first. Then, about midnight, the club directly across the street from our room got super noisy, and the windows dampened out almost none of the noise, so we couldn't sleep for a good part of the night. Getting a good night of sleep is most of the point of a hotel for me, so made the whole stay less than optimal. If the windows were actually mostly sound proof, or we had been on the other side of the building, I'd easily give the place 4 stars.

Room Tip: Make sure not to have a room on the side with the club (east if I remember correctly) if you actuall...
3  Thank Jared B
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Clean and comfortable hotel in very central location, within walking distance of main attractions. Nice buffet breakfast, mix of hot and cold options. Downside, no air con and having the windows open meant A LOT of street noise, both in terms of traffic, people and development noise. Oslo is a beautiful city not to be missed!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, if they have one!
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked this for two nights in august 2014 for a visit to Oslo, and was somewhat disappointed.

We arrived in the evening to a very strong odour of fish in the reception - apparantly the restaurant next door was preparing evening service and ventilation was not doing it's job.

The room we got was only partly cleaned - bathroom floor was full of water, and the thrashscans had not been emptied. The bedlinen appeared to be changed and we had fresh towels. When we mentioned this, we got a fresh plastic bag for the thrashcan delivered to our room.

The furniture reminded me of the sleeping halls from my time in the military - servicable, squarish and functional. Except for the bed, that was large and comfortable, just a little too soft for a man of my bulk.

Breakfast quality was good, but the restaurant was quite chaotic with too many guests hitting the breakfast area at once.

While I didn't expect luxury, I did expect a clean room, and this affects my review alot.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the atrium - the noise other guests report could not be heard in our room.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel is in a fantastic location! The bus stop is right outside the hotel whilst the train station is only a 10 minute walk on the other side of the shopping area of Karl Johans gate.

I understand that this is probably quite an old building but the noise from the streets is easily heard and this is something I struggled with at night being quite a light sleeper. The breakfasts were not that of what I normally expect from a Best Western but none the less the staff were helpful, the hotel was clean and its location is perfect!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The location was outstanding. Right in the center. Walking distance to shopping, national theater, metro, main bus stops, the opera, boats to the island with all the museums, restaurants. For location, it was a five rating.

Otherwise, it was a nice, clean, quiet average hotel...clearly a Best Western, at which I stay often because they are always clean and adequate. They are what they try to be.

The breakfast was certainly adequate, not as varied as some places but fine. The staff was helpful. Before staying again, I would look to see whether I could get something in the satisfactory category that was less expensive. This room was a little over $200. I being Norway I recognize that I might not find something, but it was expensive enough that I would try.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple