“Excellent location, but only average hotel”

Thon Hotel Terminus
Ranked #10 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I found this hotel room a little dreary. The chairs were a little stained and reminded me of something from a student flat. However , the hotel is very close to the train station and handy to all the action. The breakfast was outstanding and lovely dining room. The staff were very friendly, especially Kine. She was very pleasant to talk to. Free internet in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel, but dont expect anything flash.

Room Tip: I had a room which looked out onto the street. Always something to look at.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Thon Hotel Terminus

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I just stayed in this hotel for 2 nights , I wanted a bathtub like it was said (and I asked for) clearly on their website (, with shower and/ or bathtub), I couldn't have it coz it was supposed to be in the family room which is in the renovated part of the hotel (and no 1 left ) .my 1st feeling when I entered the room was the heat ! ( no a-c).but a nice view on the shopping mall opposite to it... you can see clearly the differene , by switching from lift 1 to lift 2 , you almost feel in another hotel ! but I couldn't have this part unfortunately , I had to pay extra money ( I already paid 140euros for it ... something you could almost have a 5 stars hotels I admit in another country) Finally a lady gave me another room but of course without my bathtub but without being being too hot inside ( even the view was completely different..) the room itself was OK ,nothing special , I would say a basic 3 stars not more , not less. the Bathroom was a disaster not only because I didn't have the bathtub , when you take your shower there were a very small window to protect it ( impossible to you use the shower properly without water spilling on the floor ) ( It only protected 1 part of it .... NO curtains at all (so imagine...), I ask myself how to wash myself and properly this way... and the bathroom itself cannot be smaller, when I arrived my 1st day in the bathroom the toilet paper was almost done with 1 Tissue left on the roller.... not really a bathroom welcome ! ... the good point is definitely like many people said the location ! unbeatable , for the rest I'm not sure ... but except this the staff was trying to be helpfull and polite ...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The inner courtyard is very quiet. So if u r worried about noise round train station ask for a quiet room.very convenient location especially if u travel with luggage and don't want to walk endless from train station. The other thin hotel nearby sells the Oslo pass.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Hotel is perfectly situated near the train- and busstation, also within a few minutes walking distance from the town main shopping streets.
Breakfast is perfect, and the ladies af the reception are friendly and very helpfull.
The only thing which was below average was our room...and I think that anybody who's been put in room 606 should be aware that it's a room that is quite hot, and I mean really hot. There's no window which can be opened to get some fresh air in. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if it was the only room in the hotel without a window you could open...
Furthermore the room has only small cupboard, when you're with two persons, one has to leave his of her's clothes in their suitcase.
For me these two points were a great disadvantage.

Room Tip: Any room but number 606...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan J
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Very conveniently located to the main train station...within about 100 yards or so. We had no problems with noise and the rooms were not fancy but comfortable. The price of the room included a full Scandinavian Breakfast. There was a storage room where we were able to leave our baggage for a few days at no charge while we made a side trip out to the fjords. The storage room was quite secure as only hotel guests with room keys had access. Front desk staff was very helpful and responsive. A good and reasonably priced option for the traveller. Be sure to specify a non-smoking room in the reservation if that is important to you because the hotel has both smoking and non-smoking rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Not only is this property perfect - rooms are large (we had four - two adults and two kids) - it was clean, modern, roomy, had a perfect location very close to the train and bus stations.

And, the breakfast spread was really unbelievable! Wish we could get the same high quality breakfast for free in the US! There were coffee machines in many different places throughout the hotel. We were also able to store our luggage all day before catching our train.

If you have young kids they are amazingly equipped. They have a floor for families on the same floor as the breakfast room. In it they have a lot of things for little kids - puzzles and other simple games as well as a ping pong table. in that room they have couches and another coffee machine. Wish I could have had that when my kids were toddlers!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The location is walking distance from the express train from the Oslo Airport, or the bus station, and walking distance to most attractions. Also just across the street from Oslo City shopping center and close to the metro. Our room was very comfortable and the windows opened when the July weather warmed up. The breakfast was lavish for a complimentary breakfast buffet with great coffee. (When the coffee machine broke briefly we used the Nespresso machine on the ground floor). The best part of our stay by far was the desk clerk Madelen. She enthusiastically dressed up for the Thon children's program (look for the parrot), and she was a great ambassador for Oslo. She gave us three recommendations for dinner places that were all spot on. Our experience in the hotel and in the city was definitely better for her friendly outgoing efforts.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends