“Quite expensive, must be the location”

Thon Hotel Terminus
Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had a single bedroom squeezed in some leftover space close to the elevator and staircase. Not exactly roomy and only a small window looking at the rooftop of the restaurant a few floors down. Quite a depressing room I am afraid. Better to have a double room for a single stay.
There was a single bed of very good standard though; but I could however not get rid of the heath in the room.
The bathroom was small but served the purpose.
The hotel location is very good however and probably that is the reason to stay here again.
All considered; the room space and experience the price for a single room is very high; as is everything in Norway it seems to be.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed at the Thon terminus twice during our trip to Norway. We had a family room during both of our states. The first time we stayed there the room was small and it was very noisy and not very attractive. The second time was stay there for three nights, the room was much nicer and bigger. The bathroom was also big. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. It's conveniently located near the train station plus buses are right there as well as the street cars. If you have the windows open it can be a little noisy but that was not too much of a problem. I chose this hotel because it is near the train station and during our trip we needed to be close to the train station for early-morning departures and this hotel worked out really really well. The staff is very nice and professional.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel is right in the centre of Oslo about a 2 minute walk from the station so it's great to be able to go straight from the airport to your room within the hour. However, the hotel doesn't have air conditioning and on a summer night I found the temperature in my room unbearable. The window can be opened wide but the noise from the traffic and the street below throughout the night made for a very bad night's sleep. If you're okay with warm rooms then the hotel will be fine, otherwise the summer months might not be pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Better than basic but no frills functional hotel in good location.
Breakfast excellent, beds comfortable staff friendly and helpful.
We had a smallish twin room with small bathroom in the corner.
Safety deposit boxes and computer with printer available at no extra cost.
Found room noisy when widows opened. Staff found a fan and problem solved
Good for short stay of a couple of nights but would suggest you investigate availability at sister Thon Opera as prices can be similar depending on dates and the quality difference is significant

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hmlhhf
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I found this hotel room a little dreary. The chairs were a little stained and reminded me of something from a student flat. However , the hotel is very close to the train station and handy to all the action. The breakfast was outstanding and lovely dining room. The staff were very friendly, especially Kine. She was very pleasant to talk to. Free internet in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel, but dont expect anything flash.

Room Tip: I had a room which looked out onto the street. Always something to look at.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I just stayed in this hotel for 2 nights , I wanted a bathtub like it was said (and I asked for) clearly on their website (, with shower and/ or bathtub), I couldn't have it coz it was supposed to be in the family room which is in the renovated part of the hotel (and no 1 left ) .my 1st feeling when I entered the room was the heat ! ( no a-c).but a nice view on the shopping mall opposite to it... you can see clearly the differene , by switching from lift 1 to lift 2 , you almost feel in another hotel ! but I couldn't have this part unfortunately , I had to pay extra money ( I already paid 140euros for it ... something you could almost have a 5 stars hotels I admit in another country) Finally a lady gave me another room but of course without my bathtub but without being being too hot inside ( even the view was completely different..) the room itself was OK ,nothing special , I would say a basic 3 stars not more , not less. the Bathroom was a disaster not only because I didn't have the bathtub , when you take your shower there were a very small window to protect it ( impossible to you use the shower properly without water spilling on the floor ) ( It only protected 1 part of it .... NO curtains at all (so imagine...), I ask myself how to wash myself and properly this way... and the bathroom itself cannot be smaller, when I arrived my 1st day in the bathroom the toilet paper was almost done with 1 Tissue left on the roller.... not really a bathroom welcome ! ... the good point is definitely like many people said the location ! unbeatable , for the rest I'm not sure ... but except this the staff was trying to be helpfull and polite ...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The inner courtyard is very quiet. So if u r worried about noise round train station ask for a quiet room.very convenient location especially if u travel with luggage and don't want to walk endless from train station. The other thin hotel nearby sells the Oslo pass.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends