1,126 results
All reviews central station light dinner great breakfast breakfast buffet free evening meal street noise hot dish walking distance included in the price fresh fruit good size excellent location public transport would highly recommend this hotel loved this hotel mini bar quiet room
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

The two most important things when booking a hotel: location and breakfast! This hotel has it both! I would definetly come back next time. The room was nice and cozy. All you can expect from a good hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Kent K, General Manager at Thon Hotel Terminus, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Dear Magnus,

Thank you for this pleasant review.
I am very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Welcome back any time.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

My "regular" Thon hotel in Oslo was full so this one was suggested to me. Could be that I am switching! Great location close to the train station, grand breakfast, nice rooms and very friendly staff. No fancy facade or spectacular interior in the reception but if you don't need that this hotel is a very good option.
I think it is charming with a hotel where rooms are different in shape and size. If you are lucky to get one of the bigger rooms, which I did, it is of course bingo! I take a small but charming room over a room in a new, big hotel where all rooms are the same, any day of the week.
Extra plus for the food served in the evening. Very nice option when you are traveling on business and don't feel like going out by yourself.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Kent K, General Manager at Thon Hotel Terminus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Dear Anna,

Thank you for your kind comments after your stay here at Thon Hotel Terminus. We truly appreciate your feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your stay was as successful.

Welcome back to us anytime.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Had a very nice weekend stay at this hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful, the room and interior great, breakfast was included and delicious.
The hotel is very central, easy to get to train, tube, tram and buses, and also good to start an Oslo walk from.
We will surely come back next time we visit Oslo!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Kent K, General Manager at Thon Hotel Terminus, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Dear Sverre,

Thank you for you positive review of your stay at Thon Hotel Terminus, and for sharing your experience. We appreciate you mentioning our breakfast.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our staff.
I am glad they made you feel welcome :)

We warmly welcome you back to us for your next stay.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

We wanted to stay at the same hotel that we stayed at when we first arrived in Oslo before our cruise as it had been excellent, but the Thon was the hotel chosen by the Norway in a Nutshell group.
We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel had recently been renovated and it showed. The room was spacious for a capital city hotel in Europe, there was a very comfortable bar/lounge, the breakfast room was spacious, the breakfast buffet was varied and it made an excellent start for a day's activities.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rex06
Kent K, General Manager at Thon Hotel Terminus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Dear Rex06,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write about us, thank you so much for your kind review!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, as we are very happy with how they turned out. We appreciate you mentioning our breakfast. The breakfast is one of our main focuses to give our guests a great start in the morning.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Location and transportation:
I did not realize, how centrally located this hotel is, when I booked it. If you come by train from the airport or other trains that arrive at the station, then you walk (underground) straight into "Oslo city" shopping mall, take the elevator one floor up, the hotel is right outside the mall. There are bus stops and tram around the corner. If you need to use those, you can buy tickets at the Narvesen kiosk/shop which is less expensive then paying while you board. I had an appointment at Ullevål Hospital, which was easy to get to as both tram number 17 & 18 stops around the corner from the hotel, and right outside the hospital.

The room:
I booked a standard double room with single use, and payed 1495kr. It was a lovely room. Comfy bed with two hotel pillows, which I think is great, as someone needs to sleep a little elevated. There was a little minibar with the usual stuff, and a wine bottle with wine glasses, a kettle and a variety of coffee/teas. There was a small safe under the minibar. Next to that a place to hang you clothes and to place your suitcase, and a full size mirror. There was a fancy flatscreen with tv channels and other search options for information on the hotel etc. I did not use the television, so I don't know what channels was available. There's free wifi, and I had no problems with the wifi-speed. There was a desk and a chair, and a small speaker with Bluetooth access. There was also a cupboard with ironing board and an iron. My room was on the 4th floor and towards the street. I was not bothered by much noise, but my stay was on a Monday which tends to be quiet most places, so I don't know how it is during the weekend. There was hardwood flooring in the room, which is great if you have asthma. The bathroom was small, but well functioning. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get a bathtub, but I know that some rooms have that, so if that's important you can always check if they have that available. Mine had a shower. The toiletry amenities was very basic, a shampo/bodywash dispenser on the wall in the shower, and a soap dispenser next to the sink, so not the usual variety of small bottles of all the products you need. The room information said that you could buy razors, toothbrushes etc in the reception. And you always have the possibility to walk across the street and buy what you need at the mall. There was a hairdryer next to the sink, and a good variety of towels. All in all, a very nice room.

The hotel/staff/meals:
it's a very nice hotel. There's a seating area in front of the reception. They have a closed off room for storing luggage, that you have to access by keycard, and that has video surveillance. To access the other floors, you have to use your key card, so only guests and staff can do that. This is a hotel you feel safe in. The staff working in the reception was very service minded. When I ordered my room, there was breakfast and an evening meal included in the price. I had both. You dine in a large welcoming room. Very nice. The evening meal was a buffet that consisted of bread, a vegetarian salad, a chicken salad and a meat soup. Very tasty. Everything was gluten free, but I had to ask, as there wasn't any information on allergens. I chose the hotel based on the breakfast reviews, and I was not disappointed. If you can't find anything to eat there, then you are a very picky eater. There was a large selection of meats, cheeses, fruit, berries, cereals, bread, a hot buffet, smoothies, juices, milk, coffee, teas..I probably forgot some of the selection, because there was so much to choose from. There was even panacotta with berries! Yum! I could have rolled out the door, my stomach was so full when I left. The staff working in the breakfast area was also very service minded. There's a lounge right next to the breakfast area.

Shopping/eating:
Like I said in the beginning, this hotel is right next to the “Oslo City” mall, and lots of other shopping possibilities around the corner, like Karl Johan. “Oslo city” mall has everything you need, a pharmacy, clothing stores, grocery stores etc – and also a Starbucks and other restaurants and cafes. I had lunch at a Chinese restaurant, and enjoyed my meal there.

All in all, I would say that this vas a very nice hotel experience, and I will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Siri H
Kent K, General Manager at Thon Hotel Terminus, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Dear Siri,

Greetings and many thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, this means a lot to us. The location is central, and like you mentioned, not to busy. Still it is close to everything, perfect for sightseeing.
Thank you so much for highlighting the breakfast, we want all of our guests to be able to enjoy a wide selection of high quality Norwegian products. It is also very nice that you found our supper tasty, this is a good alternative if you don't feel like going out for an evening meal. We put a lot of effort into these meals.

Again, thank you so much for this extended review and welcome back to Thon Hotel Terminus anytime.