Thon Hotel Cecil
Hotels.com
US$328
  • Pool
US$177
Comfort Hotel Boersparken(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Youngstorget(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$116
  • Fitness centre
US$252
US$236
Hotwire.com
US$228
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Scandic St. Olavs plass(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$188
ScandicHotels.com
US$451
Hotels.com
US$549
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsexcellent locationcentral locationaker bryggecity hallnobel peace centrekarl johans gateexcellent breakfastthe breakfast areaminute walktrain stationnice sizetwo night stayheated floorsnational theatrereception staffnice hotelcomfortable beds
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed at the Cecil many times during the past years and have always experienced a warm and friendly atmosphere. From the moment of check in all the way to the check out the staff is very service oriented.

The rooms are nice and well proportioned and the beds are of good quality.

The past year I have noticed that the quality of the breakfast has been hightened, great!

All in all just what you need while doing a work/business stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor and as far back of the hall way as possible will provide you a silent stay away from the elevators. And if you are lucky it even provides you with a littel balcony towards the inside atrium.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
thonhotelcecil, General Manager at Thon Hotel Cecil, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Jakob S! I am so pleased and grateful after reading your review of Thon Hotel Cecil. We truly appreciate that you have stayed with us many times for the past years. I am happy that you mention that the breakfast had improved because we have focused on giving our guest a good start of the day. We are happy that we are on the right way. It is a very good tip you are giving. Many of our guest comment on how quiet the rooms facing the atrium are. We are looking forward to also welcoming you many times in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip and to give it it's credit it is in a central location with lots of restaurants close by, as well as fairly near the train that takes you from the airport.

On the downside my room faced inwards over some sort of courtyard or office which meant you had no privacy as they were so close to the room windows. The room itself was very small and the bathroom was outdated and clearly in need of an upgrade. I think if you were of a larger size you may find the bathroom uncomfortable as it was that small.

To finish on a plus the hotel offers free wifi

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear PayboyPK! Thank you very much for staying at Thon Hotel Cecil. Thon Hotel Cecil is an efficient city hotel in the middle of the city center of Oslo. The size of the rooms is average compared to other hotels which you will find in the capitals of Scandinavia. We are continually upgrading our hotel and will start again right after the holiday with focus on bathrooms. We hope to welcome you back at Thon Hotel Cecil.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

In the city center, nice four star hotel.
Very good breakfast, small but well furnished rooms, wifi available and working ok, free coffe at the lobby and possibility to print out at the same place.
If you are leaving before the breakfast open the staff offers you a cold breakfast bag.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Andreu G! Thank you very much for staying with us and taking your time giving us feedback after your stay. I am so happy to read that you are pleased with your stay. Thon Hotel Cecil is a suitable hotel for people traveling on business as well on leisure. The hotel has a prime location and has most things you need for a city hotel. We hope to welcome you back at Thon Hotel Cecil.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I've reviewed this hotel before, but recently returned for a one night stay and was delighted that it lived up to my expectations based on my last review.

Most of all, I was once again really impressed with the professionalism of the reception staff who handled the busy check-in/check-out periods extremely well, being very polite and efficient. I can well understand why a hotel in this price-bracket would not employ more than one person on reception, but this was one of the few where I was entirely confident that this lady had everything under control (including telephone enquiries) and would get through the queue as quickly as humanly possible with the maximum of pleasantness and politeness to all guests.

Compliments to the management and their training/recruitment methods. They are working.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
thonhotelcecil, General Manager at Thon Hotel Cecil, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear AdamskiLondon! Thank you very much for staying with us again and for your wonderful review. I am very proud of our staff and they do a fantastic job every day to give our guest a pleasant stay at Thon Hotel Cecil. I will pass on your compliments to the reception staff. I hope to welcome you soon again at Thon Hotel Cecil!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Perfect location in the middle of "Spikersuppa", only a few meters off Karl Johan & the Parliament.
My room was facing the atrium and I had no issues with neighbours looking in or the soundproofing. The room was, as in all budget hotels in major cities in Europe, small but yet big enough and the bed was comfortable. Nice and clean hotel, breakfast was good and the staff were very welcoming. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
thonhotelcecil, General Manager at Thon Hotel Cecil, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Wikander!
Thank very much for staying at Thon Hotel Cecil and for your positive feedback. We appreciate it very much. Despite our prime location in the city center our rooms are very quiet as most rooms are facing towards the hotels atrium. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Thon Hotel Cecil.