“Good hotel in a great location”

Thon Hotel Vika Atrium
Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on a business trip to Norway. The hotel is reasonably priced and the room was a good size and well equipped. There were tea/coffee making facilities as well as a choice of snacks and drinks from the mini bar. The bathroom was wet room style with a shower only, no bath. Breakfast was a typical European buffet style with a good choice of both hot and cold foods. The hot food was only warm so not as good as it could have been. The restaurant is there for breakfast only but with the hotel located right next to the harbour area this is not really a problem. There are many restaurants and bars around the new harbour area and it is a pleasant place to spend the evening.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

Nice situation in the city, but the hotel is from 90's and is in a desperate need of renovation. The wiew is terrible - other houses or in to the atrium. Much noice. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Otherwise, low quality at the hotel resturant.

• Stayed March 2013
Alesund, Norway
Reviewed 6 November 2012

An ok hotel, not too bad location, close to Aker Brygge, and just a ten minutes walk to Karl Johan Street. The rooms were ok, the bathroom was small and could need renovation. The hotel had problems with their heater, and we were not able to adjust the room-temperature, so we had to sleep with an open window, because the temperature was way too high to sleep in. The breakfast was very good. Delicat and plentiful. One of the best hotel breakfasts I've had.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Christina A, General Manager at Thon Hotel Vika Atrium, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Lisfix! Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We are very thankful to hear our guests thoughts about their stay as this helps us a great deal in our daily work. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast! I also hope that our staff took good care of you while you were her! I am also making a note of your comments on the bathrooms and the heater. I will use this information when we are planning for future renovations. I hope that you had a nice stay in Oslo, and I would like to welcome you back to Thon Hotels and Thon Hotel Vika Atrium!
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. After visiting the city center I turned back to the hotel. It was just quarter passed midnight (October 13th 2012). Hotel entrance door was locked. I slightly tapped on the door window to warn the receptionist. She heard me after I'd waited a couple of minutes and she had opened the door. I was heading to elevator to go to my room and then suddenly she started to scold me saying "You should have your cellphone with you and call the reception not to stay out!" I was shocked by her RUDE attitude. Nobody warned me about calling the reception when coming to my OWN room late at night. (It was even not late at all, I can't imagine if I had turned at 3 or 4 am waiting in Norway cold) Most importantly MUST I CARRY A CELLPHONE??!!!
Finally, I will never ever stay at this hotel and recommend you not to stay too!

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear poseidon31! First of all; thank you for taking the time to write your review! This is valuable information for us and helps us in the process with getting better. Next I would like to offer you my apology! This is not the way we want to meet our guests! I have had a talk with the Front Desk Manager, and he will make sure to address the issue in the right way. Hope that you had a nice trip to Oslo, and I would like to welcome you back to Thon Hotels in Oslo!
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 14 October 2012

The Thon Hotel Vika Atrium in Oslo is a Hotel where you should consider other options. A gib one, also sometimes a cheap one. But it is very old, the climate control is centrally stired and everything elso is also not very good. So you will find better choices and maybe spending 5% to 10% more money will give you an excellent one.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Christina A, General Manager at Thon Hotel Vika Atrium, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear guest! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! After reading you review I understand that you are not to pleased with the hotel. I am sorry if we did not succeed with making you feel welcome! We try our best to give our guest i pleasant stay! I hope that you will find another Thon Hotel is Oslo that meets your needs. And for you next trip to Oslo I recomend our Thon Hotel Opera in the middle of the city center. Welcome back to Thon Hotels!
Stord
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We were a group of friends staying at Vika Atrium for a concert in Oslo this past summer. Some of us have experience with the hotel before, which was the reason we chose this hotel again.
Once again we were very happy with our stay. Very helpful staff in the reception, Clean, roomy and bright rooms. Some of the bathrooms are a little small, but not so it is a problem at all. Rooms included toiletteries, bathrobes and slippers, which is always a nice touch.
I should also mention that the location is absolutely perfect both for tourists and business travelers.
I will easily choose this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Christina A, Manager at Thon Hotel Vika Atrium, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear ToneBeate! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I am pleased to hear that you had a nice stay and that our staff were helpful! I also hope that you enjoyed your concert and Oslo citylife! Hope to see you again! Welcome!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This is a hotel central in Oslo with smiling staff. Short walk to all the night life at Aker brygge and the center of Oslo. The prices are not bad for a room and the breakfast is good. No restaurante for lunch or dinner, so you stay here for the room only. Staff are nice and helpful and the rooms are average and clean.

Room Tip: Book a room where you can open the window. Some rooms are facing the "atrium" with no chan...