“Nice Hotel”

Thon Hotel Vika Atrium
Ranked #6 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Very good hotel, in the middle of everything. Easy to go anywhere by bus or by the ferry boat. This might not be the perfect place for couples, however, it is good for that reason too if you want! Went there for a course offered by the company. At that time, it was winter time and could exeperience some temperatures around -10.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Vidar M, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Vika Atrium, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Mr. Sylvio,
Thank you for your nice comment about our hotel from your stay back in January 2014.
I am hoping to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had a meeting near the waterfront so this hotel was perfect for me. Breakfast is very good and there are plenty of restaurants less than 100m in the waterfront. Room is adequate for a business traveller and has wifi. Staff are nice and courteous. I dont have anything bad to say about the hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Vidar M, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Vika Atrium, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Danny A.
Thank you so much for your nice comment about our hotel.
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and also our location next to the harbour Aker Brygge.
I would like to wish you welcome back to us at anytime.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Great spot, 5 min walk to the bustling waterfront and lots of attractions. Pretty much in the centre of all the major tourist things downtown but just out of a way so a little quieter. Great breakfast in hotel buffet and a really nice gym. Loved my time in the super single bed

Room Tip: back side is quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2013

You only need to stay here as a matter of last resort as I had to. The room was comfortable but the bathroom was tiny. No air con. Free wifi. Receptionist was very unhelpful and unfriendly. I found the overall cost too expensive. I certainly wouldn't stay here in future if I got the choice.

Stayed: June 2013

Dear Bettiah
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a response on your stay here in June 2013.
I am very sorry to hear that you have the impression that our staff is unhelpful and unfriendly. We are working very hard on providing service for our guest, and we have to evaluate what happened in this case. Anyway, you should not experience this and I have to once again apologize for that.
Regarding the prices I would recommend to always check our homepage for the best offers, you could get a great deal when you book there in advance.
I hope that you would consider staying with us again, I would be very happy to accomadate you in the futher.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the national day (17th May) weekend, and thought it was a very good hotel. Check in was quick, the room ok (a bit small, but fine for the purpose). It is very close to Aker Brygge, and about 5-10 min walk from Karl Johansgate (Oslo's main shopping street). The breakfast was very good with plenty of things to choose from, freshly made waffels and omelletes. The only problem I had with this hotel, is that during this weekend the weather was really nice and warm, and there was no airconditioning in our room. This is usually not a problem in Norway, beacause it is not that warm here, but this time it was. We requested a fan the last night and the receptionist provided it within a few minutes, so problem solved:)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Radisson park inn Copenhagen

I chose this recommended by my company

Hotel room was clean and compact- no good for a family or kids

Work desk free wifi and breakfast are all. unexpected bonuses

Good selection of restaurants in town via the efficient train serice with decent trip feedback

Painless enough stay

Mario

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on a business trip to Norway. The hotel is reasonably priced and the room was a good size and well equipped. There were tea/coffee making facilities as well as a choice of snacks and drinks from the mini bar. The bathroom was wet room style with a shower only, no bath. Breakfast was a typical European buffet style with a good choice of both hot and cold foods. The hot food was only warm so not as good as it could have been. The restaurant is there for breakfast only but with the hotel located right next to the harbour area this is not really a problem. There are many restaurants and bars around the new harbour area and it is a pleasant place to spend the evening.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business