“A well-located and pleasant hotel”
Review of Scandic Solli

Scandic Solli
Ranked #30 of 101 Hotels in Oslo
London, United Kingdom
“A well-located and pleasant hotel”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel really benefits through its location, so close to a couple of the best bars and a 5 min walk to the waterfront and the Aker Brygge. It's clean, functional, the rooms are small, but the reception really helpful, and best of all, a decent breakfast, which can keep you going for the best part of the day!

Room Tip: It's not a 'room with a view' kind of place. We only stayed one night, and it served it...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank getaround61
Magne J, General Manager at Scandic Solli, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Hi!

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are staisfied with your scores, except from the main score at only three, guess that is how the system works.

Acctually we have about 30 rooms with view over Oslofjorden, hopefully we can provide this to you at an other occasion.

Hopefully you will come back to us!

General Manager Scandic KNA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sandnes, Norway
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great friendly and warm welcome in the reception and elsewhere. The staff was smiling, friendly and attentive - all of them.

Good looking room (recently renovated) on the 4th floor. A bit small, but I guess we got what we booked. The furniture was smart and functional, though. The breakfast was also good, had a nice atmosphere, and generally all you need from a fresh selection.

The bad thing, and the reason I can't give 5 stars; the internet. Unfortunately not usable for me. I tried to connect with a MacBook, but it timed out all the time. Only once was I able to connect, that however lasted very short. The solution for me was the 4G / LTE network in the area.

I did mention the Internet problem to the staff, and albeit being friendly and trying to help, there was not much that could be done.

Location wise it is also good, with just a short walk from central Oslo and the Slottsparken (the Castle). Just around the corner (literally) you will find the US embassy in Oslo.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank marekz
Hi Marek!

Thank you very much for your good review.

Wifi is taken care of, it is quick and works seamless - and you dont even need a code for entering.

Hopefully you will come back to us soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on a few occasions. The hotel is very conveniently located near the Nationaltheatret train station and within easy walking distance of the palace, the harbour and the city. The hotel is currently undergoing some renovation, and the last time I stayed, I was put in a very small room with no wardrobe. This time I had a great room with a view (5th floor) and plenty of room to work. The breakfast is very good, and the evening restaurant is ok - there is also a limited selection of sandwiches for those who want to eat light. There is also a supermarket very close by.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary W
Dear Gary!

Thank you so much for you great review. Hopefully you will visit us again.

We are working hard to make our a` la carte great as well.

Welcome back.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here in April 2013. The hotel rooms are very very dated and are in much need of an upgrade. The room had a bad smell and was extremely warm during the evening. There was some construction work going on and this started around 7am in the morning. The location is good, close to Solli plass in the city center. The staff is very friendly and happy to help if needed. Unless they upgrade this hotel I would try to avoid it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Hi!

Thank you for your feedback, and sorry for my late response.

I can assure you that we upgrade significally. We dont have any old rooms left, all roms will be fully refurbished before christmas. The rest of the hotel is finished when we enter Q2 of 2014.

Im sorry that you had to experience us as we were in the spring - hopefully you will come back to see us new and shiny.

Thanks alot for cheering our location, we wish everyone knew how good it is :)

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I visited Oslo and needed a hotel very near to the train station for further travel in Norway. Once I left my bags in the hotel I found it also very near to the city center. At the same time the hotel was very affordable. The hotel rooms are average compared to other places in Europe, but the hotel staff is more than excellent and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Magne J, General Manager at Scandic Solli, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Hi!

Thank you for your review of Scandic KNA. Means alot to us!

We are very happy to read your kind words of our belowed hotel.

Hopefully you will visit us again!

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was on business in Oslo last week and I stayed at the KNA for the first time. One of my colleagues had stayed in an unrenovated room previously and he recommended requesting a renovated room upon booking. This review is kind of split because I havent seen the older rooms so my opinion is based on the newer section of the building.

Location : Perfect, very central and only a 5 minute walk from the harbour front restaurants. the business district is accessibly by foot and I'm not sure about shopping as I didn't do any.

Breakfast : Fantastic spread. I opt for a light musily based breakfast when I'm travelling on business and there were plenty of option s for me as well as fresh fruit. My colleagues opted for fried food, cheeses and the selection was very good.

Cleanliness/room : I stayed on the 5th floor in a newly renovated room. Walking from the elevator to my room it was evident what the old building looked like. 90's carpet and old door card swipes. Very standard. As soon as I reached my hallway it was clearly renovated with new door fobs, carpet. My room was spotless and serviced every day of my stay. To be honest I was questioning if I was the first guest to stay in my room. I was impressed by the HD flatscreen that was actually hooked up to a HD connection. I wasn't impressed that there was little room to hang clothes but I was solo so it was adequate. One additional observation - no kettle!

Noise : My room was perfectly quiet. Only a slight bit of expected city ambience. My room overlooked a small park and there were trees directly outside which was nice. On thursday night I should hear a nightclub/bar bass echoing across the park but this was fixed by drawing the heavy ceiling high curtain.

Bottom line : This is a great hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful to myself and by colleagues. It was clean, had good food and was very central as we travelled by train from the airport and it was located quickly.

Tips : Ask for a renovated room. Try to get a room overlooking the park (quieter and a better view). You just need to enter your phone number and surname for the wifi so no need to go to reception. when you arrive at your room and you want to enter the card to power up the room make sure you really push the card in (its a bit stiff) or you'll waste 10 minutes like myself (and my colleagues) trying to figure it out. One final point - I couldn't find the direct number for the hotel reception in my room. If you want to schedule an alarm call you need to do it at reception in person.

Room Tip: Tips : Ask for a renovated room. Try to get a room overlooking the park (quieter and a better view...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank bfitzsimons
Thanks alot for a fantastic review!

Very solid, nice pictures even.

You are right, renovated rooms are the best, luckily we now (11.09) have 130 renovated room, most of the "old" rooms now are balcony rooms - so all guests should get good room!

You are very welcome baco to us!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 August 2013

arrived on Saturday 3.08 before the 3 o'clock check in . easy to find,location seems great. room is available and now the fun stars.lack of any information at the reception ,had to ask for every single bit .presented with outworn , smelly room .went back to the receptionist - he promptly organised different room ."slightly smaller " as promised turned out to be a single room. went back again- as i would expect to get what im paying for-simple double room - i got the keys to yet another room - surprise again. i got the twin . another round down i only requested to make up my single room as a double .extra pillow, towel - seems too much to handle . got the impression that the gentleman simply doesn't like me.everything seemed to be a problem. great attitude while working in hospitality ! for our surprise the young man working on sunday evening is the best asset of the hotel. we approached the reception to ask for an extra blanket to our room-we didn't get it - straight away we got our proper room! no questions asked,big smile. other than our small issue - nice location , lucky enough to wake up before the noise , beautiful breakfast,good size and the new rooms are really cosy !

Room Tip: there is few rooms with small balcony facing the fiords -try to get it.little treat :]
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank agata83
Magne J, General Manager at Scandic Solli, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Hi,

Have to agree alot with you, this is not good enough. Very nice of you to praise the other parts of your stay. You can be sure there will be taken steps to make sure that you nor any other guests will meet this kind of service.

Hopefully you will come back to us!

Scandic Hotel KNA