“Definitely a Special Occasion Hotel”

Hotel Continental Oslo
Ranked #1 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I spent two nights here on the 5th to 7th April 2014, to celebrate a significant wedding anniversary. We were met on arrival by the most helpful doorman, had a very pleasant greeting from the Guest Relations Manager and Receptionist, who congratulated us on our anniversary and told us that we had been given a room upgrade to a Junior Suite. The room was just perfect.
Breakfast in the Caroline Restaurant was very good, both hot and cold buffets are well stocked with high quality food and freshly squeezed juices (the pastries are to die for).

Our celebration dinner in the Theatrecaféen restaurant was superb. Excellent professional service, delicious menus and fine wines served in a truly amazing and stylish room with live piano and opera singing in the background; a terrific atmosphere for such an occasion.

We could not find fault with this hotel or its friendly, efficient and helpful staff.

This hotel is perfectly position in the centre of Oslo, with easy access to the many sights being close to the underground, bus and tram stops. The high speed "Flytoget" train from the airport stops just a block away which is a bonus.

Just perfect for us and much appreciated. 10/10 and a Gold Star for the Hotel and its staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelContinentalOslo, Daglig leder at Hotel Continental Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear PopsPeter, Again - Happy Anniversary to both of you! I am so happy to hear that we were able to create a good atmosphere for your very special occasion. I have just shared your wounderful comments with our employees, and this really inspires us in our daily work! Thank you so much and welcome back for your next anniversary! Best regards, Karin Holme, general manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,629)

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The location of this hotel couldn't be more central and the level of service is excellent. The rooms are comfortable, the beds and linens are among the best I have experienced in a hotel, it's almost as good as sleeping at home. Very nice and varied breakfast. It is expencive, but you do get what you pay for.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with comfortable rooms, restaurant, buffet breakfast and nice location. But if you are expecting to sleep, don't stay here on a weekend. The band started playing just as I was getting into bed and the volume and crowd noise continued to escalate until after 1 am. It was so loud I couldn't believe that it wasn't closer to my room.
Since my primary reason for staying at a hotel is to get a good night's sleep, I can not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Steve K
HotelContinentalOslo, Leder  at Hotel Continental Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Steve K, First I would like to say thank you for choosing Hotel Continental. I am very happy to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and that you enjoyed our restaurants. However, I am sorry to read about the noise that disturbed you. We had an event that spesific night and unfortuntately the music was too loud. My sincerest apologies. I hope you will consider coming back to Hotel Continental, and please don`t hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything else I can be of assistance with. Best regards, Karin Holme ( karin.holme@hotelcontinental.no), General Manager.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Really nice location in the center of Oslo. Close to major attractions and the subway (about 50 m away). The subway stop is also a stop for the train from Oslo airport. Really friendly staff. I had a standard room with breakfast. The room was amazing! The bed, the pillow and even the blanket was so incredible. I have never been in a nicer standard room in Norway! I can not understand how this can just be a standard room. The breakfast was excellent. Super happy with the stay and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HotelContinentalOslo, Daglig leder at Hotel Continental Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Helene M., Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel, and I really do appreciate that you will recommend us to others! It was also very nice for me to read that you commented on our pillows and blankets. In the end of February this year, we changed all the hotels pillows and blankets and we have bought allergy-friendly down of high quality to all our rooms. Glad you enjoyed it! Welcome back to Hotel Continental! Best regards, Karin Holme, General Manager.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This hotel was in the perfect location. The room was generous in size, clean and comfortable. The bathroom is rather small. The hotel is undergoing some remodelling which we could not hear in the bedroom but we could hear in the breakfast room in fact at times we were not able to hear each other. The staff are polite and helpful and the breakfast was very good once the noise stopped. They provided gluten free bread and I was able to find enough that was gluten and lactose free although this did rule out the majority of what was on offer. They had fresh carrot juice which was delicious.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Hotel Continental is a true pearl. The interiour is exquisite, the staff is friendly and efficient, the food is excellent and the atmosphere is homely, yet exclusive. The history and the traditions of a long line of family owners are in the walls, and it is obvious that the owner/management have eyes for all the the little details that makes you feel relaxed and appreciated as a guest.Always looking forward to come back!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I use this hotel regularly, fantastic service and has the best restaurant in Oslo (with a christmas serving that is amazing!) Rooms are stylish and comfortable, I would highly recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2013