Stayed for 3 nights in April - two friends travelling together.
1. Location - nice quiet residential area, near to shops and restaurants, 15 mins walk from Vigeland Sculpture Park and about 20 mins from the main centre of Oslo. Area felt very very safe.
2. Price - a fairly reasonable price in mega expensive Oslo.
3. Breakfast - although it cost 85kr this was quite a good deal compared with the alternatives and for that price there was cereal, juices, lovely bread to toast, warm rolls, hard boiled eggs, a good selection of meats and cheese, yogurts, crackerbreads, tea and coffee.
4. Decor - really well decorated in Scandinavian style. Felt very homely.
5. Staff - staff were very friendly and helpful, a pleasure to deal with. Cosy and very warm.
6. The hotel was full during our stay but we never once had to wait to use the toilet or shower.
1. We had asked for a twin bed room but when arrived we had what seemed like a small double bed. The bed was actually 2 beds put together so we were able to separate them but that meant losing the top part of the mattress, so beds not as comfortable as they could be. Bedding slightly old and tired - a few bobbles etc. It would be better if bed preferences were honoured.
2. We were on the third floor and both the corridor and our room had a funny smell - possibly smoke? musty? heaters? Not sure what it was but downstairs didn't have the same smell.
All in all we thought this hotel was lovely and we would go back. But would ask for a second floor room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Elligsens Pensjonat, feel at home in the middle of the Norwegian capital of Oslo. Opened in 1963, our bed&breakfast has quickly gained a reputation as a place to relax and withdraw from the bustling city life, while offering its rooms at rates for every travelers budget. Our team is always available to help and works relentlessly to provide you with everything to accompany your stay in this beautiful city.The villa itself is located close to the center, only a few steps away from the public transportation and shopping opportunities, offering you a wide array of ways to spend your days.The rooms has been newly in 2014 and 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ellingsens Pensjonat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ellingsens Pensjonat Hotel Oslo
- Ellingsens Pensjonat Oslo