When I first arrived I was on third floor with 'courtyard' view. The courtyard is noisy air-conditioning and other service area and the sound in my initial room was sure to give me a headache. Likewise rooms facing Karl Johan Gate will be noisy due to busy main street full of tourists below. I asked very nicely and said 'I don't mean to offend but may I please ask for a more quiet room' and the lovely Zeta at reception offered me a choice of two rooms on level 5. Much, much nicer. No where near as noisy but like a lot of hotels in Scandinavian cities I recommend ear plugs or better yet noise cancelling head phones for when you sleep. It is a good location of a hotel if you like being right in the centre of things. The staff are friendly and the breakfast is decent. Level 5 rooms are much much nicer than below.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Oslo's main street and in the heart of the city centre lies this historic hotel from 1899. Next to the Parliament and within immediate walking distance to a variety of museums, attractions, shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel has 114 rooms, as well as 5 meeting rooms with a maximum capacity of 70 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Best Western Karl Johan Hotell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Karl Johan Hotell Hotel Oslo
- Norlandia Karl Johan Hotell Oslo