Our first night was not good - a small double not the twin we asked for (so, synchronised turning), facing into a gloomy lightwell which also housed air-con for a neighbouring restaurant. However, the manager put things right the next day and, for the rest of our stay, we had an excellent room with pleasant views towards the parliament building. This hotel is superbly placed within walking distance of most of the major Oslo sights. The staff were very friendly and helpful and, although we got off to a bad start, everyone made a great effort to ensure we had a good stay. The breakfast is good and plentiful which, with Oslo prices, is just as well. There is also a very useful business lounge on the 3rd floor where tea and coffee facilities are available to guests as part of the service. This is handy if you have time to kill after checking out of your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Oslo's main street and in the heart of the city centre lies this historic hotel from 1899. Next to the Parliament and within immediate walking distance to a variety of museums, attractions, shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel has 114 rooms, as well as 5 meeting rooms with a maximum capacity of 70 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Karl Johan Hotell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Karl Johan Hotell Hotel Oslo
- Norlandia Karl Johan Hotell Oslo