The day after we checked in the elevator stopped working. We weren't given the use of the staff elevator. When I asked why the desk clerk said it only worked between the third and fifth floors. This wasn't true as I'd seen hotel maids using it. I watched 60 and 70 year olds trying to drag their suitcases up four and five flights of stairs with no assistance from the hotel staff. To be fair there was only one person at a time at the desk.
The first room we were given was a broom closet with a window onto huge vents. When I told the desk person it was unacceptable she gave us a nice big room facing the plaza. This was good except there was a heat wave and no air conditioning and windows that only opened 2 inches.
I am sorry to complain but other than the wonderful breakfasts and excellent maid service the hotel really should be closed until it is upgraded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Oslo's main street and in the heart of the city centre lies this historic hotel from 1899. Next to the Parliament and within immediate walking distance to a variety of museums, attractions, shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel has 114 rooms, as well as 5 meeting rooms with a maximum capacity of 70 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Splitty, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Karl Johan Hotell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Karl Johan Hotell Hotel Oslo
- Norlandia Karl Johan Hotell Oslo