“Would rather have paid to sleep in another city”
Review of Thon Hotel Linne

Thon Hotel Linne
Ranked #61 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Would rather have paid to sleep in another city”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed here because couldn’t get last minute accommodations elsewhere and needed to be here for a conference. Would rather have paid to sleep in another city and drive in. Room was beyond filthy, things growing in the bathroom, staff were never around to assist with anything, hotel is very dark and food gave me an upset stomach. Sleep in your car if you need to instead of sleeping here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Netherlands
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I had a last-minute business trip to Oslo and due to some conventions in town I had difficulties finding any accommodations in Oslo until I was able to secure a reservation at this hotel.
I arrived very late in Oslo after a delay with my flight from Amsterdam and took the bus to Oslo as it stopped close to the hotel. After feeling a bit nervous going through this dreary part of the city I made it to the hotel, only to find the lobby full of disgruntled people and a very sour front desk (night) clerk. What I gathered was that these people were being told that there were no rooms for them. When I was finally helped, I greeted the clerk and showed her my reservation confirmation. She took the paper checked her system and then looked up and me and said "sorry, we have no room or mention of you." I told her that I had prepaid my stay and she said it was not her problem and that there were no other hotels in the area! I persisted with her and she then found a room for me in Lillestrom, about 25 mins away. I kept asking what was wrong, but I kept getting a response of "I am only the night clerk."
The following day I contacted the hotel manager. I asked her what had happened and how the hotel could have given my room away to someone else and she just said that the reservations crew had neglected to close the reservations system when the hotel was in fact full. Furthermore I got a simple "we're sorry for this" and that was it. Very, very frustrating. But what was most distrubing was that even after the hotel admitted to their fault and found me another hotel, they did not offer to cover my additional taxi costs, which is already very expensive in Norway.
In the end I didn't stay at this property, but I think that it was an omen in the end. What I saw looked ever so bleak and the personnel looked rather disgruntled. And the area was not very nice either.
Will I return? No way!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank dp_visser

Travellers are raving about these Oslo hotels

Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed 28 August 2008

I was stying in this hotel on business trip fortunately just 2 nights. In my opinion this place is awful, from the new pictures I can see it was renovated, but when I was there in 2006 it was not so...
The rooms are dark and claustrophobic, area depressive (especially if you are there in the middle of winter), breakfast so far I remember nothng special. So if you can avoid this place and even if you want to be close to business area, i.e. Siemens, stay in the city - Majorstuen and take the metro to Linden.

• Liked — Probably nothing
  • Disliked — Rooms, breakfast, location, atmosphere
  • Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Swiatka
London
Reviewed 23 October 2006

How on earth can they really say it's 4 star?

1) Food was awful and overpriced
2) Nothing in the minibar (I flew in late and fancies a drink)
3) No iron (I was there on business and had to wear the last days shirt)
4) My room was in a block of flats over the road from the reception. You had to wave your perforated key card at the security camera for them to buzz you in

Basically - awful. I would safely say this is a one star hoStel - not a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12 Thank Upthevilla
Travellers also viewed these Oslo hotels
Quality Hotel 33
Saga Hotel Oslo
#4 of 100 in Oslo
Soria Moria Hotel
#46 of 100 in Oslo

Been to Thon Hotel Linne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Thon Hotel Linne

Property: Thon Hotel Linne
Address: Statsraad Mathiesens v. 12, Oslo 0598, Norway (Formerly Linne Hotel)
Region: Norway > Eastern Norway > Oslo
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #61 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — Thon Hotel Linne 3*
Thon Hotel Linne is a business hotel situated in Groruddalen, Oslo North. Last renovated in 2017. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Thon Hotel Linne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Linne Hotel Oslo