“Badly furnished, uncomfortable rooms”

Comfort Hotel Grand Central
Ranked #15 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a great central location and serves a nice breakfast buffet but that's it. It goes downhill from there. Tiny 90-cm-wide beds. One pillow per bed - it's your problem if you need a second one! And no fridge in the rooms! That's for well over US$ 200 a night.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank recurvirostrid
Olav L, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

My dear guest recurvirostrid, from Tromsoe
We who daily work in tourism and hotel industry appreciates good -and bad feedback. Yours is the last category, and this I fully appreciate. I apology the experience regards room size and rate who not impressed. I really hope you`re testing us again, because I know we are better than 2 out of 5. I hope I`ll meet you as my guest again soon. With best regards from a fellow from the north of Norway. Happy Easter.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,959)

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We chose this hotel because of its location, (right next to the railway station) and also very close to the harbour and city centre. It is certainly convenient if you are arriving and/or leaving by train. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was fine and quirkily decorated. The included breakfast is more than adequate. It represents quite good value in an expensive city.

Room Tip: The area to the East of the railway station, ie away from the Harbour, is quite seedy and probably b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterandLeanne

My dear guest PeterandLeanne, from Scarborough, Australia.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Hotel Grand Central for your days in Oslo. Location matters and the hotel is kind of “in the middle”- which makes it efficient to experience Oslo. I really hope rest of your days in Norway was a good one. I hereby sending you a thank you for kind comments and the 4 of 5 score. Highly appreciated. Al the best from a sunny Easter Oslo.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel has the best location in Oslo and whilst it is undergoing some extensive renovations, the rooms were quiet and large. The included breakfast was extensive and good quality. The wifi was fast. The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and spoke excellent English. For Norwegian standards this hotel represents good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank icepick48

My dear guest icepick48, from Melbourne, Australia

Thank you for sharing your smooth experience and kind comments on TripAdvisor. Highly appreciated. Happy Easter from Comfort Hotel Grand Central in Oslo.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We were in Oslo for few days and would like to stay in a hotel that is of good location. Thus, we choose Comfort Hotel Grand Central.

The location is really good. Just right above the central train station. The hotel is located in the shopping area also. It is really very convenience.

The service of the hotel staff are very good too. Room is clean and bed is comfortable. The breakfast spread are good. They use organic ingredients.

I will stay in Comfort Hotel Grand Central again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

My dear guest IvorynGold, from Singapore
Thank you for sharing your good experience and friendly comments on TripAdvisor. Highly appreciated. We look forward to see you both back again. All the best and Happy Easter from Comfort Hotel Grand Central in Oslo.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I loved that this hotel was next to the train station. Rode the train from the airport and walked around the corner to the hotel. Perfect. Front desk was super friendly...Had a good sized room (2 twins) over-looking the Opera House. Large bathroom had a shower and separate tub. It looked to me that these rooms were just refurbished. Breakfast was great. There is plenty of food to fill you up. Walked to the Palace grounds and City Hall. (20 min) Area is under construction and lots of transportation traffic, but that didn't bother us. Our room had double windows which muffled a lot of the noise.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AZreader

My dear guest AZreader, from Tucson, Arizona

Thank you for staying with us, for your kind feedback and your magical 5 of 5 score.. I really hope you and your family had some good days in Norway as well. Al the best from a sunny Easter Oslo.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I go to Oslo a lot, and usually stay at a Choce hotel. This is by far my favourite - excellent location, great staff and nice rooms. Rooms are not that big, but the ceilings are really high and that makes them feel spacious. Bathrooms are nice, and the rooms are very clean. Decor is modern and cool.
I usually go by myself, but brought my daughter there once, and the staff were so sweet with her. The staff is always super-friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

My dear guest NorwayTnk
Thank you for staying with us within the Nordic Choice Hotels family, Thank you for choosing Comfort Hotel Grand Central this night and also for your feedback and your smoothly 5 of 5 score. Glad your daughter had a pleasant stay with us as well. All the best Easter greetings from team Grand Central to you and your princess.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Modern, friendly and clean hotel. Small rooms however, but a fresh, modern style. The breakfast buffet could have been better, as well as the breakfast area which was very crowded. Reseptionists gave service from the heart, with joy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

My dear guest Carina B, from Sandefjord- Norway.
Thank you for staying with us Carina B. It makes me glad reading your warm comments regards the staff. We`re in need of apology the experience regards a crowdie breakfast restaurant this morning. Look forward seeing you again as my guest. Happy Easter!