“Awesome breakfast, convenient location”

Comfort Hotel Grand Central
Ranked #21 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
Sydney, Australia
“Awesome breakfast, convenient location”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Ideal if you fly into Oslo late and catch the direct train to central station. It's a good transit hotel with very helpful staff and an amazing breakfast offering. Kind of bizarre artwork - think Asian fusion meets Marvel comics, but at least it's not boring. We had a newly renovated room on the top floor overlooking the Opera House. Worth asking for.

• Stayed April 2014
Olav L, Daglig leder at Comfort Hotel Grand Central, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
My dear guest PleasantTravels5, from Sydney.
Thank you for staying with us. Breakfast is an important meal and reading your feedback makes me even more focused on the strategy, serving healthy and smooth breakfast to my guests. Hope to see you back one day, at Comfort Hotel Grand Central. Best regards Olav, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff and very affordable. Room was very comfortable and bathroom was beautiful, with free wifi and breakfast included. Great location and metro just 2 mins walk away. Would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

My dear guest Gareth S, from Carrickfergus.
Thank you for your recommendation, your stay with us and the kind feedback. Highly appreciated. Best regards Olav, General Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This Hotel has the best location in Oslo. Right in the city centre. Right at the front of the main Train Station. The train goes right from the Airport to your Hotel in half an Hour. This may sound like it will be noisy but this is the quietest Hotel I have ever stayed in and that includes ones I have stayed in, in the wilds of Lapland.
All the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I highly recommend the breakfasts (buffet style) which are delicious and generous and excellent value as it is included in the Room price. Given Norwegian prices this is a real bargain.
Given its location, the ease of access from the Airport, the quality of the rooms, staff and Breakfasts I would say you need to look no further for a Hotel Room.
I fully intend to stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

My dear guest Anthony0262, from Dublin.
…and we want you to stay here again! Thank you for your informative and great feedback.
Best regards Olav, General manager
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The employees at the hotel very friendly and supportive.
The hotel is right at the central station but still there is no noise inside the hotel. Located in the center of Oslo it is a great place to start your disvovery of lovely Oslo.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

My dear guest Sil543, from Zurich.
Thank you to you and your family for staying with us. Thank you also for sharing your experience during a stay with us, highly appreciated. We hope to see you all soon again. Brides Olav, General manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Pleasant hotel right next to the central station in Oslo. Rooms are quite spacious, clean and tidy with nice rocking chairs. Bit minimalist ie could do with the odd cupboard for clothes; windows don't open which might be a problem in summer but overall, I was pleased with it.
Location good; you're bang in central Oslo in seconds. Reception helpful & friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
My dear guest MikeTY2000, from London.
Thank you for your stay with us. Glad you liked the hotel. Note: The windows can all be open from the hotel room, their kind of new- so based on your feedback we have greased them all, so they are easy to open (again). Thank you for making us better.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is exactly our type of hotel; modern, clean and friendly with an excellent breakfast. At Oslo prices it was also reasonably priced. Good points included great hotel staff in both the reception and breakfast service, environmentally friendly policies, quirky design, no noise from hotel or outside despite central location and varied a buffet breakfast. One downside for us was that the cleaning staff brought in fresh towels everyday without taking away used ones so that we ended up with a pile of about 12 towels upon departure! This was a shame as we only stayed for 4 days and would have been happy with the original towels in the first place (which would have fit with the hotels environmentally friendly outlook). Tea/coffee making facilities in the room would have been a bonus but unlimited tea/coffee was available in the reception area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
My dear guest ReviewerAA, from London.
Just what we wanted as well- thank you for your kind feedback and top score! Hope to see you both back as my guests soon again. Best regards Olav, General Manager.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Despite all the good reviews I obviously had a totally different experience. After travelling for several hours and getting to the hotel about 9pm the quirky self check-in didnt work. We were then helped and given a room key. Our room had a single duvet and 1 pillow, not much cop for 2 big guys! So we got our room changed to the furthest away room in the entire hotel. We thought perhaps the first room had been a single so our double would be bigger, oh no it was not to be! The bedroom had a double bed, a desk & chair, an open style wardrobe and about 1ft on all sides to move around. The room had a miniscule window that would not open, and heating that never seemed to get cool enough. The bathroom was roomy and pleasant, apart from there was no light switch and we do not know how long it took to go off but the 10cm gap under the door made sure we knew it was still on, so popping to the toilet in the night at least gave light to get back into bed. The duvets were light but fine as the room was hot. The pillow was awful, light and flimsy and gave no support for 4 nights. I dont think I had one nights sleep I would term as "nice".
We stayed 4 nights and our room was not cleaned until after 3 nights. I had to find a staff member and ask for clean towels after 2 nights as we had used them numerous times already and fresh ones were needed, but our room had been cleaned. So our room was only cleaned once in a 4 night stay, this is unacceptable! We made sure were out during the day from 10am to 5pm when we came back for a nap before the evening. 7 hours should be enough time to get to the room.
Breakfast was nice, well cooked and lots of choice across hot, cold and fruit. Luckily we breakfasted early but people coming down 30 mins after us were queuing for a table as there was nowhere near enough for all the guests staying.
I loved Oslo, but I was not impressed by the hotel.
The location is perfect as it is right by the station.
I think the fire alarm at 2.30am was a little out of the control of the hotel staff, but they handled it well and we were back inside fairly quickly.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
My dear guest Jared W.
I note happily that your score on visited Oslo's attractions are all good. It pleases me, since we all wish guests visiting Oslo to have good days in the city. First, I`ll make a recommendation for you and readers at TA; always complaining of mistakes during your stay. It is the best way for us as the operators to assist immediately.

Having said that I hereby ask you to contact me directly, so I can apologize and support you in this matter. We have as per today obviously not met your expectations, this I must do something about. Thereby I hope you will contact me while reading my response, so I get the opportunity to show you both a better side of my hotel. Look forward to your e-mail. Best regards Olav Langli, hotel manager.