“Base on the expectation of Radisson in general, this one can do better.”

Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo
Ranked #51 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Good:
1. Great bed, free Wifi, excellent breakfast
2. They do follow what they promised, make sure what u asked will be done; I had to change 4 times before I get the room I want; even I can't get the room I want in the end but the staff do their best to arrange that (well, at the 4th time I gave up, they didn't actually listen for what I need apparently or I will get the room I want @ first place)

Bad:
1. I never change 4 times for a room in my travelling life, to be honest. A bit depressed when I have to run already for my meeting right after my arrival. I don't even have my room in the end, I have to change cloth in the toilet for my meeting.

When I indicated in my reservation I need 1 queen/king size bed and quiet room - 1st one when check in, I get a really good room but with dubble bed, immediately I ask for changing to another room for 1 big bed; 2nd time was on the 2nd floor, "Window" faces the lobby; 3rd one I get same kind of the room as the 1st one and I have to wait because they gave my 1st room to otehr people already, and all other rooms are cleaning still.) Then I don't know why I can not get the room exactly I want since I have to wait anyway..?

2. There is no drink water in the room, and no water cooker, the refridgerator is power off. So I can make hot water, tea, or coffee in the room, in minus 8 degree winter day.

3. No shampoo, conditioner, lotion, in the room, only the massive bottle of hand soap next to the tab, and soap for shower. This is not normal for Radisson group, to be honest.

4. No foot matrice in bathroom which I wonder, people will slip down or make room wet when u just step out from the shower. Water is not hot enough even I put the highest temp I can get. Due to the location and price, I believe there are lots if biz traveller in this hotel, should watch more for this kind of details.

5. Hot water is not hot enough; just wamr enough to let you feel it's not cold.
6. No air condition controller in the room; want to make the room warmer but can not.

In short, I expect better quality of radisson should provide. At least not with the price I pay for 200euro+ per night.

Room Tip: 1. You can request for the room, btu be minded what is the room rate you booked/agreed with. My coll...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Cathrine W, Sales Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Firstly I want to thank you for writing us about your experience in our hotel. The feedback our guests provide us with is the primary tool which helps us in becoming better and makes us aware of any faults, thus it is highly appreciated that you have taken the time to write us.

I am very sorry for the troubles you experienced during your stay. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused, and assure you that this does not represent the way in which our guests are treated at the Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen.

We would very much like to discuss your stay further and as a part of our 100% guest satisfaction and Yes I Can! program we would like to make it right! So please contact me directly at cathrine.warberg@radissonblu.com.

Should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Oslo, we will do our best to meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here for business. For the price this hotel should be far better. We had problems with the heating (bearing in mind it was -10 outside) and were told this could not be increased as it was already 22 degrees. We were offered an extra duvet but were left shivering all night. The following day the room was cold and there was no hot water. We were treated a bit more sympathetically and they moved us to another room. However the safe in the new room did not work. After being told not to worry as we would be 'safe' not using this for our valuables we had to wait for 3 days of being told it will be fixed today, only to be told that it needed a new part and could not be fixed until the following week. There are no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms (which is just what you need after a day out in the cold) and so you are forced to pay the extortionate prices at the bar for a warm drink. The hotel is for the most part a very nice and comfortable place to stay, however for the cost it is extremely lacking in basic amenities which work and customer service. It is such a shame that these things let down what would have been an otherwise comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your feedback will be used to make improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the Sales Department.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Everything was great, except it was little low temperature on the room and I didn't find any way to raise it. Oh and be careful when choosing the taxi - I had problem to pay by card with the taxi service they called me and tthe guy was even not able to speak english. I had to go to ATM, pick up some Norway Krones and pay in cash. This might be huge problem when you're in hurry.. I had no problem at all with both of my cards before this incident and after this incident so that was problem within the taxi service.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed at the Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen. We are sorry to read about your experience with the taxi company. Should we have the pleasure of welcome you back to our hotel, please don't hesitate to contact us directly prior to your arrival for transport recommendations.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Standard Radisson, convenient and practical for anyone working in the area. They do not mention that there is an Oslo bus service to the airport which stops about 5 minutes walk from the hotel and is really convenient

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Cathrine W, Sales Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen. We will look into the matter regarding information on our website about transport from the airport to our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us, and please don't hesitate to contact me directly should you have any special requests.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

effective hotel if you work in Nydalen Oslo, in the midle of the business area. Close to the T-banh and other transportation. 10 min from city senter, and close to recreation area in Nord marka. A good breakfast and a ok restaurant. Some other restaurants close by. BI- "University" only 2 mins walk away from the hotel. Close by Akers elva with nice trails dowm to city center (6 KM)

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with the Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen. We also appreciate your review about all the facilities you can find in Nydalen. Hopefully we will get the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit to Oslo. Should you need any recommendations on other attractions in Nydalen, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This Radisson blu hotel represents excellent value for money.I paid £145 for 2 nights bed and breakfast.The hotel has everything I require for my first visit to the Norwegian capital.Located about 15 mins by the metro from the central station,the hotel is warm , clean and the staff are very accommodating.The breakfast is more than adequate and the hotel's proximity to the metro(1 min) means that armed with a map I can access all Oslo's attractions in less than 30 minutes.An added bonus is the small supermarket directly below the hotel in case you run out of essentials.All in all a real gem in what could be a really expensive city,but then what capital city isn't?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen.
I hope you enjoyed your visit to Oslo, and hopefully we will get the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I arrived late, needed the room only for the night. Room is complete, very quiet, good bed, shower in bathroom. Breakfast is buffet and very good choice. Easy to get to lot of businesses in the area, often only 5 minutes walking. Public transport nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ted K, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you liked everything our hotel had to offer. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Kind regards,