“Good for a short city break”

Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo
Ranked #48 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent. It is right opposite the metro stop Nydalen. Bus 37 also starts from there and takes you to the city center in 10 mins. The room was basic but had a nice decor. The bed was very comfortable. Our room was at the 7th floor and We Could see the harbor fireworks on New Years Eve from the room itself. Breakfast was also good. The only negative: The room service menu was available till 10.30 pm (at least That Is What Was written on it). HOWEVER When we tried to order at 8.30 pm We Were Told That The kitchen was closed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Runa Emilie D, Sales Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Subarna,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review from your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen! I am very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the hotel and the location.

I am sorry about the inconvenience you experienced regarding the room service. The room service is available from 07 am to 11 pm. Our new team at the restaurant will ensure that these routines will be strictly followed in the future

I do hope to see you back in the hotel in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Location outside city center. Nice area With a nice scenery and there is a shopping center nearby. Close to subway and bus, so it`s easy to get downtown. Nice staff, especially front desk staff. Ayaz (front desk manager) is the best!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Runa Emilie D, Sales Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Ingrid-Helene,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review from your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you are satisfied with the services provided from our staff. I will forward your review to the front desk manager Ayaz, I am sure he will appreciate your kind feedback!

I hope we can have the pleasure to welcome you back to Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen in the future!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked the two nights offer from Friday to Sunday last weekend, at a very reasonable rate. The hotel is situated close to a bus stop and and an underground station, both taking just a few minutes to the city centre. The room had refrigerator, safe and en suite bathroom with shower. Apparently the hotel had been renovated not long ago. I slept very well in a perfect bed. Most of all I found the included breakfast impressive. Free choice of hot and cold food and drinks (English and continental at your wish) and a frying chef taking your personal order for bacon and eggs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review from your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Radisson Nydalen. This time I was on the third floor overlooking the lobby. Although I was initially concerned it may be noisy (room was also next to the ice maker) it turned out fine. Room was comfortable and I didn't have any problems with hot or cold water (I did previously)

As mentioned by others, the breakfast service is very good with a large selection of breads, meat, fruit, etc. It can get busy depending on when you go.

The wi-fi was acceptable most of the time, although one evening there was a weird problem where it wouldn't connect and I could access only Google websites? Told the front desk who said they were aware of the problem but their technical support was not 24 hours. It was fixed the next day.

Very handy for the Metro, which is good since there is limited options near-by for food. Not that the places are bad, but allows to easily visit the city centre.

Dear Larry,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review from your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen,
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay!
I am sorry about the inconveniences you experienced with the internet, we normally do not have any problems with the wi-fi connection at the hotel.

I hope that you would choose our hotel next time travelling to Oslo; welcome back!

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The starff are very friendly and efficient. They make me feel very welcome. The bedrooms are very comfortable and clean. The lounge bar area is very relaxing. The hotel is very good value for money. Theis an easy transfer to city centre via the metro and access to taxi's.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear David,

Thank you for your kind feedback from your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen!
I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the services provided at the hotel.

I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Nydalen again next time you are travelling to Oslo!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week and it was good service.

The breakfast was good, I had to order bacon and eggs, but at no additional charges.

I had problems with getting hot water, took around 5 minutes of warm up, but it showed up eventually.

The training facilities was not that good. In a basement with "bad air quality".

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Ted K, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for this great review after your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We also want to thank you for your feedback regarding our fitness room. We are for the moment working with new plans for this service/ room and will keep you updated with changes through our facebook page. So please follow us there =)

We hope to see you again soon – Welcome back to us! Best regards, Ted Kalen –Director of Sales

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Modern, clean, and there is a large choice at breakfast, from cereal and yoghurt, to eggs and smoked salmon. The staff are lovely - both friendly and helpful. We dropped an item of jewellery, and were initially heartbroken, due to its sentimental value - only to find a member of staff had found it, and handed it into reception. The reception staff joked with me over my lamentably poor Norwegian, and their English was perfect. The double bed was extremely comfortable. I have stayed there twice now, and definitely would again. It's not in the centre of Oslo, but the Metro journey is only 10mins.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am delighted to read that you had a nice time at the hotel together with my friendly colleagues that found the lost item for you.

We look forward to your next stay

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Kind regards