“Great stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo
Ranked #53 of 103 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. When visiting businesses in the Nydalen area, this hotel is very conveniently located in the center of the business area and extremely close to the subway, for easy transport to the central station and further to the airport. Airport buses are also passing close by. The hotel is clean, efficient and has a good breakfast buffet. Checkout lines can sometimes be long, but they have improved their efficiency and it was not a big issue when I was in a hurry (as always) to leave in the morning.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Runa Emilie D, Sales Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Bengt,

Thank you for your positive feedback from your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen! The hotel's unique location in the heart of the business district in Nydalen, is one of the main reasons that many of our guests choose to stay here.
I hope that you will visit us at the Radisson Blu in Nydalen again on your next trip to Oslo!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have stayed here many times over the pat 5 years. Though the rooms themselves haven't changed, the quality of the property over all has definitely gone downhill. Bathroom amenities are now a soap container on the wall for everything, not even a bar of soap to wash my face. Towels are getting a little threadbare. They renovated the lobby area last year, but I really noticed not much of a change in the design. There was no one at the front desk for about 5 minutes at arrival at 10PM and 3 of us backed up waiting for someone to show up. We have a corporate rate here, so I will continue to go back, but I even had problems staying connected to the Internet which is usually good. Breakfast buffet is good in the morning. I was only there one night and they called and tried to walk me before I even arrived, which also did not leave a good feeling with me. I expect better from Radisson properties.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Runa Emilie D, Sales Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Nancy,

Thank you very much for your feedback, which is very important for us. I am sorry to read that you find your stay dissapointing, but we will use your feedback for further improvements.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for lack of bathrooms conditions and amenities in your room. Our service minded staff at the front desk is always ready to meet your requirements, should something be missing in your room. Next time please feel free to contact my colleagues at the front desk and they will find a solution for you.

We hope you still would choose our hotel next time travelling to Oslo, we will then do our upmost to ensure you get a pleasant stay.

Kindes regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2014

After changing room from a room that looks like a bad Night club to a normal looking room
We found that the room where empty of amenities, there was an empty bottle of soap in the bathroom, no pen or paper to write on, on the desk. I had to take a message and wrote on the meny. No Tea/coffee maker.
Take into consideration that parking cost NOK 240.- for 24H.
This is not mentioned anywhere. The Indian man (he did not have a nametag) that checked me in
First sent me from room to room because I did not want this kitschi room. He really did not help me or give any kind of service. I left the hotel and told him I would wait for my husband to check in.
But the hour Which I could have packed out and relaxed in the room was lost. When we came back there was a nice girl, who gave us a normal room with a nice view. The rooms are a little worn Down, but ok.
If you check in early they charge an other NOK 100.- if you want to have something sent up to your room, like an adopter or similar things they charge for sending it up.
The breakfast was very good, everything you need. Served nicely with a polite staff.
The area was nice and new, shopping center under the hotel, metro opposit very convinient.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view. It doesn't matter if it is close to the lift, you do not hear any noi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We appreciate your feedback which is very important for us. I am sorry to read that you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and that you find your service disappointing in many ways, but we will use your feedback for further improvements.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for lack of bathrooms conditions and amenities in your room. Our service minded staff at the front desk is always ready to meet your requirements, should something be missing in your room. Next time please feel free to contact my colleagues at the front desk and they will help you out.

The hotel does not charge for sending adaptors etc. to the rooms. Please feel free to contact the Service Manager to solve this misunderstanding at: guest.nydalen.oslo@radissonblu.com

I do hope that we will have the pleasure in seeing you again in the hotel so we can have a chance to change your impression of the hotel.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Radisson Blu Nydalen is sadly in need of refurbishment, with outdated decor throughout the hotel especially the dark red rooms. Basic essentials are also missing, there are mini-bars that are not stocked, and no tea/coffee making fascilities.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Jette N, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Really nice hotel located along the river. It is a good 45 minutes walk to the city centre but there are good transportation alternatives. Great breakfast buffet; free internet and cosy rooms with english channels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Runa Emilie D, Sales Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Marie-Sophie,

Thank you for your kind feedback about the Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, I am glad that you enjoyed the room you stayed in, and the breakfast buffet!

I hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel again in the future!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel has improved over the last few years with investment in better TV's and décor in some rooms. Room facilities are clean and comfortable with very good en-suite bathrooms. As all of Norway, prices are not cheap for either the room rates or the food, but that's par for the course.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Runa Emilie D, Sales Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear David,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review from your stay here at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen. I am pleased to hear that enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

I hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had a lovely stay at this hotel. All services worked exceptionally. The booking company that i used (getaroom.com) failed to send in my reservation, despite advance payment. The hotel handled this eventually, even though the staff could be a bit more efficient. Also the phone coverage was troublesome in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback about your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen. I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulties with the booking, but I am glad that the staff at the front desk helped you to solve the problem.

Welcome back in the future!